What's new
Update 28.

Added a REV 9 PGM motherboard scans to my web site. Not sure why i didn't add these sooner... As i have had a REV 9 for ages....
Added more videos to my YouTube channel.
Added "Killing Blade EX" PCB scans. Interesting to note the label translates to "Sword Of Pride / Blade Of Berserk" " Power Up Edition"

T.

Last edited:
Update 28.

Added a REV 9 PGM motherboard scans to my web site. Not sure why i didn't add these sooner... As i have had a REV 9 for ages....
Added "Killing Blade EX" PCB scans. Interesting to note the label translates to "Sword Of Pride / Blade Of Berserk" " Power Up Edition"

T.
Sir , is somewhere a cap kit to buy for a rev 14 revision ? or did u make it one ? ... because i'm thinking to replace the existent board caps. Thanks

Update 28.

T.
Sir , is somewhere a cap kit to buy for a rev 14 revision ? or did u make it one ? ... because i'm thinking to replace the existent board caps. Thanks
I just did my own cap kit... There is only 3 or 4 different values. If your stuck i can look at my 14 and tell you want you need??

T.

Just want to say a massive thanks for documenting all the motherboard types. I had a feeling there were 3, maybe 4 types.. but holy cow.
Every day a schoolday! :D

Just want to say a massive thanks for documenting all the motherboard types. I had a feeling there were 3, maybe 4 types.. but holy cow.
Every day a schoolday! :D

I still don't have 1 of every Revision.... There may even be more than REV 14... I was buying faulty MoBos to find more revisions i don't have..BUT it gets really expensive real quick....So had to stop....
I have more videos you may like on my youtube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbapWmNB3IHjWu0LiTSfp9w

T.

I just did my own cap kit... There is only 3 or 4 different values. If your stuck i can look at my 14 and tell you want you need??
T.
Will be awesome Tim, because i will make another order from digikey or mouser :saint:

T.
Will be awesome Tim, because i will make another order from digikey or mouser :saint:
OK.. i work today.. So will try to do it between Monday to Wednesday... When i have time off.

T.

Someone on another YouTube video posted that the MS8 & MS9 chassis's are auto-discharging. Not that I would rely on that but just curious if you knew anything regarding that? Thanks for the vids Tim! Always a great watch sir.

Someone on another YouTube video posted that the MS8 & MS9 chassis's are auto-discharging. Not that I would rely on that but just curious if you knew anything regarding that? Thanks for the vids Tim! Always a great watch sir.
All chassis will self discharge... Its the amount of time that they take that varies.....
Better to be safe than sorry....

T.

Update 30.

Added : "Oriental Legends Super" PCB scans
Added : "Dragon World 3 (Not special)" PCB Scans
Added: "KOV 2" PCB Scans

T.

Attachments

• MB-14_TOP_CAP_MAP.jpg
    MB-14_TOP_CAP_MAP.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 225
Yes , Nichicon is an OK brand... still heaps better than whats on the MoBo to start with!!!

T.

@AlxUnderBase - I've seen Panasonic, Nichicon and Rubycon capacitors being highly recommended in arcade repair logs / tutorials. I don't think you can really go wrong with either of those brands.

@AlxUnderBase - I've seen Panasonic, Nichicon and Rubycon capacitors being highly recommended in arcade repair logs / tutorials. I don't think you can really go wrong with either of those brands.
Yeah brother , but in my head are only Nichicon brand (it's easy when you have on hand a esr meter to know exactly the value of capacitors you wanna change) ... if you're in my place you will go on the Panasonic or Rubycon route?

Back