What's new
After Nichion, I would choose Rubycon based on the little I know.

@AlxUnderBase - I've seen Panasonic, Nichicon and Rubycon capacitors being highly recommended in arcade repair logs / tutorials. I don't think you can really go wrong with either of those brands.
Yeah brother , but in my head are only Nichicon brand (it's easy when you have on hand a esr meter to know exactly the value of capacitors you wanna change) ... if you're in my place you will go on the Panasonic or Rubycon route?
I personally recommend Panasonic caps..... I use them almost exclusively at work.. for re-capping mainly Chassis etc....

T.

@AlxUnderBase - I've seen Panasonic, Nichicon and Rubycon capacitors being highly recommended in arcade repair logs / tutorials. I don't think you can really go wrong with either of those brands.
Yeah brother , but in my head are only Nichicon brand (it's easy when you have on hand a esr meter to know exactly the value of capacitors you wanna change) ... if you're in my place you will go on the Panasonic or Rubycon route?
I personally recommend Panasonic caps..... I use them almost exclusively at work.. for re-capping mainly Chassis etc....
T.
Awesome ... i've compiled this cart on Digikey (Cap Kit replacement for Rev.14 Igs PGM boards) . Thank you Tim for all your time who was spend to give us great infos.

@GC8TECH just received a rev 14 board. I watched the video but I don't understand specifically what the coin battery does. Mine came with a coin cell on the board. Should I remove it or just leave it alone? ty!

The battery on PGM motherboards saves book keeping information, scores, settings, etc. If you got a Varta battery, it would be wise to remove it. But if you got a Coin Cell, you're all good to go - leave it alone and enjoy the games :)

The battery on PGM motherboards saves book keeping information, scores, settings, etc. If you got a Varta battery, it would be wise to remove it. But if you got a Coin Cell, you're all good to go - leave it alone and enjoy the games :)
Thanks djsheep =) Can I replace it with a new coin cell? It's a CR2032. Just tested it on the multimeter, its dead anyways, original coin cell I'm guessing.

Replace it with the same battery that was in there.

Are you guys able to store your high scores on the conversions?

@GC8TECH is it worth, do you think, getting scans of PGM2 PCB's? I have the majority of them (missing 2, I believe) and would be happy to contribute.

@GC8TECH is it worth, do you think, getting scans of PGM2 PCB's? I have the majority of them (missing 2, I believe) and would be happy to contribute.
Yes... I think it is a good idea. I only have one game scanned in so far. If you can scan them in at 300DPI. That would be great.

T.

Yes... I think it is a good idea. I only have one game scanned in so far. If you can scan them in at 300DPI. That would be great.
T.
The game you have is one of the two I'm missing. So afterwards only KoF98UM will be left!

Yes... I think it is a good idea. I only have one game scanned in so far. If you can scan them in at 300DPI. That would be great.T.
The game you have is one of the two I'm missing. So afterwards only KoF98UM will be left!
I have a copy of it, but no scanner. I'll check around with friends and see if one of them has access to one.

Back