What's new
First up... I don't always know were the games come from, I'm responsible for testing most of them.. BUT some times the boss tests them and i don't hear anything unless somthing isn't quite right. I didn't know the cart came from you..... IF i had.. i would have had a talk to you about it in "the real world"....

All i can tell you is when i tested it.. and the repair to it. I have no idea if the boss ever tested it or not... But i know i did. He may have put it on the shelf.. and i tested it latter....

I pluged it in, then turned it on. It went "pop" and displayed nothing on the screen. You could smell somthing had gone wrong. This was all done on my test cab.. which is all good for voltage / power supply etc....

I opened up the cart to find a deformed Cap. So i replaced it and the other caps just to be safe. Poped it back in to test.. but still no go. On checking the cart i found one of the sharded "Double bufferiung" Sram chips was getting a bit to warm... I poped a chip of one of my donner boards.. and replaced the sram on the bee storm cart.

Poped it back in for test and it booted on up!!!

Now i have seen poped caps in some PGM carts... BUT it mostly happens with the motherboards... Thats why i recomend anyone with a PGM MoBo replace ALL caps and get rid of the battery that will leak.

Thats the end of the cart story. I don't know why the boss didn't have me or him talk to you about it??? I can't speek for him. But thats the story from my side.

T.

PS the PGM does carts SRAM checks.... BUT it never displays anything eigher OK or FAILED.. which is quite useless.... I would love one day to build a diag bios... OR add a heap of testes to the stock bios....

Spoke to a few people about this when it happened and no one had heard of caps blowing on a PGM cart. Thanks for letting us know, will have to keep an eye on the SRAM chips if they can cause capacitors to blow then :/

I wouldn't have expected you to call me, but it is strange he never called and proceeded straight to a credit card reversal.

It's not a reflection in any way on your work or behalf. Got all the time in the world for you bud.

P.S. A test cart would be great for PGM, or even useful when the multi comes out!

Thanks, I apreate your reply....

I have done alot of repairs on PGM MoBos more than carts.. But the PGM is quite hard on SRAM.... Most of them are 15ns or 12ns.

I don't think all of them need to be that fast.. but thats what they did. Even the Z80 work ram is eigher 15 or 12ns.

The current SRAM checks in the bios are useless... you need most of the SRAM to work to even get into the test menu... OR you MAY get a cryptic "68K" Error message.....

IF ANY of the sram on the cart are faulty.... there is no error message at all.... The cart just doesn't run....

T.

IS there anyone HERE in Mame Dev??? So i can submit PGM roms not in the PGM.CPP MAME?? I think i have quite a few....
yep. which game it is ? boot or original ?
Both really.... BUT @rtw has contacted me.. and is happy to help me submitt some roms to mame dev... :) There will be alot of work to do...

T.

Update 19.

Submitted some PGM "Happy 6 in 1" roms to Mame people. In "JUST" 6 carts.. i found 7 rom versions that are NOT in mame. Imagen what more carts could bring??

I'm very much a strong idea of preserving all games in mame. So everyone can enjoy them. Like what we are building a "Living" arcade museum @ work. :) Its very exciting to see kids play on a arcade machine for the first time :)

T.

UPDATE 20:
Submitted some more rom versions not in mame yet.
This time its "Photo Y2K / Real Fake".

Also some from "Dragon World: Pretty Chance". BUT i need another cart to dissasemble to dump ALL the roms. As the version i have... None of the roms are dumped yet.....

T.

Update 21

ADDED: Help Video on modding a china made harness to my specs.
ADDED Help Video Power supply choice and power supply testing.

I had a few forum people ask me for a help video.. as they had issues with the cab.. but wasn't sure were to start...

T.

Great videos mate. Very informative.

UPDATE 22:

ADDED: KOV 2 Plus PCB Scans.

T.

Great videos mate. Very informative.
Thanks, That means a lot...T.
Just found your website, thank you for your videos. Very informative for a pleb like meself =)
Thanks alot :) I plan to do more..But its just getting the time to do them etc...

The next 2 should be...
"
Using a Neo Geo 1 slot as a test PCB.
And,
Re capping a chassis basics... but will probably do more videos on chassis latter as well...

T,

Update 24.

4 more PGM carts have arrived for my collection...
BIG THANKS go to @buffaloj0e for supplying these. Please thank him!! With out his help.. i would not have so many cart in my collection :)

These should be scanned in on Monday / Tuesday for everyone to enjoy :)

T.

Last edited:
Back