What's new
Outside of conversions, are there any other vertical PGM games?

sheep_nova sent me a replacement KOV Plus cart. This one looks like nem's except it has a mask rom with an official-seeming IGS stamp instead of an EPROM. Very happy with this.

sheep_nova has now sent me two different replacement carts for free and hasn't asked for any returned.

Attachments

• 1569117145436.jpg
    1569117145436.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 197
@GC8TECH I noticed my PGM rev. 14 board lost all the system settings. Checked the coin cell and sure enough it's dead. Is there something I need to remove eg. diode or resistor to prevent the PGM from trying to charge the coin cell or something? I can install another coin cell battery but knowing the new coin cell discharged so quickly, I don't want to just put it back in. Thanks

Well poop, I think I should be using a rechargeable ML2032. I have CR2032's (non-rechargeable), doh :facepalm

Last edited:
A REV 14 has a coin cell from factory. So there is no need to mod it. It will never try to charge it.

You don't need to use a coin cell battery anyway. Games will still work fine with out it... Free play is just a dip switch setting tooo.

T.

A REV 14 has a coin cell from factory. So there is no need to mod it. It will never try to charge it.

You don't need to use a coin cell battery anyway. Games will still work fine with out it... Free play is just a dip switch setting tooo.

T.
Thanks for the reply. When I use the dip switch for free play it doesn't apply, I still have to set it in the PGM system settings. I have a few PGM MB's and this is the case on all of them.

Thats VERY odd.... DIP 4 should be free play on ALL motherbaords. I have never found a PGM that won't free play... I have found DIP Switches that are faulty.. but if all your MoBos are doing it... i doubt that could be your issue... You could buz them out with a multi meter....just to make sure though...

Dip switch settings in the test menu should just tell you were the dip are... Not to be able to set them up... As it needs to be done on the Physical DIPs....

T.

Update.

Info on the Pre-Modded PGM Motherboards i'm selling.

BATCH 1 has already been sold.. and will be sent out this week.

BATCH 2 Is open to interested people... Please message me if your interested.. it will only be a small batch of around 5 motherboards....

T.

T.
Thanks for the reply. When I use the dip switch for free play it doesn't apply, I still have to set it in the PGM system settings. I have a few PGM MB's and this is the case on all of them.
Are you playing a Cave conversion? The freeplay switch doesn't work for those. You have to set it in the menu.

T.
Are you playing a Cave conversion? The freeplay switch doesn't work for those. You have to set it in the menu.
Yes! That makes sense now. TY!

UPDATE: Added new RED LED DEMO Video. Just showing RED LEDs.. I can use a colour that any custmour wants :)

I'm currently taking orders for BATCH 2..... If anyone whats a pre-modded PGM Motherboard that i sell. Just send me a message :)

Thanks,

T.

Quick pics of finished GOLD editon Pre-modded motherboards i'm selling....

T.

Attachments

• 20191022_160856.jpg
    20191022_160856.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 20191022_160949.jpg
    20191022_160949.jpg
    422.5 KB · Views: 205
Ooh, how much you selling those for?

GOLD editions are $195 AUD + Postage.

"BATCH 2" is already sold out.

"BATCH 3" will be done early 2020.

Tim.

First Customer Review of the Pre-Modded PGM Motherboards i sell...

I ordered the PGM from Tim and knowing he had a love and care for the platform. What I received was a lovingly restored system which was fully tested, cleaned and recapped. The unit plays first time, every time and I can now enjoy some classic side scrolling beat and slash ‘em ups. The stereo sound mod is also very welcomed as was Tim’s connection with importing games for the unit. The price doesn’t cover the care and time put into the unit. Highly recommend the PGM, you won’t be disappointed in this uncommon arcade experience!

I kind of went ham on taobao and I now have a rather large stack of PGM carts. Let me know if any of these stand out as wanting scans or anthing:

Oriental Legend v001
Oriental Legend Special v001
Oriental Legend Special Plus v205
Knights of Valour v100
Knights of Valour Plus v119
Knights of Valour Super Heroes v103
Knights of Valour Super Heroes Plus v100 and 101

Knights of Valour 2 Nine Dragons M205xx

Based off some research on Chinese forums/wikipedia it appears that v119 is a community hack of Knights of Valour Plus v117.
The same also goes for Super Heroes Plus 101 being a hack of 100 which fixed some crashing bugs and weapon balance.

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/三国战纪

Back