What's new
J

jassin000

I posted the following shots in the original AO support thread before it was shut down.

IMG_20150526_093725%25257E2.jpg

IMG_20150526_093837%25257E2.jpg

In action (console case with XRGB Mini to LG LED/LCD).

IMG_20150526_130201%25257E2.jpg

At Bitfest Boston (JROK component to Sony Wega CRT).

IMG_20150605_183131%25257E2.jpg

*Update*
3D printed LCD screen case installed!

IMG_20150717_200050.jpg

IMG_20150717_195931.jpg

That looks awesome. Great job. Can you please commment on how you installed the LCD and where you got the components from?

That looks awesome. Great job. Can you please commment on how you installed the LCD and where you got the components from?
Thanks DS! I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I got the 3D printed case from AO member "Chocolateapple" for 10$ shipped. A few weeks ago he was offering runs in different colors (Red/Blue/Black) so I contacted him via PM.

I struggled to find a place to mount it flush on the B-board shell because of the many curves and rounded angles. As you can see above, I wanted to keep the LCD mounted to the bottom left to make use of the existing hole(s) for the 14 pin IDC cable passthru.

The print comes with a optional angled mounting bracket, I used this piece to screw it down to the blue (top half) of the shell. This way I can unplug the IDC cable, unscrew the shell and remove only the cover quickly.

The SG contains parts ordered from all (I won't list them all here) over, some highlights for you...

Case Jasen's Customs Steel Powder Coat
PSU Suzo Happ 130watt TwistedQuarter Ebay
Video JROK Encoder Ebay Seller
Various Switches, Lights, etc Digikey

Last edited by a moderator:
nice , like the setup . cant wait to get a cps2 multicart

I took a page from Undamned's CCPS2 and took it a step further:
InstagramCapture_8c8c9d9e-abb8-4ef0-ae98-0d0e01397fb91_zpsk5jdxvje.jpg

I have a Faceplate in the works right now:
InstagramCapture_46d1595e-a902-4d68-8fab-80b0bec6056e1_zps1suiwqeo.jpg

it supports 4 player over USB as well :)
InstagramCapture_c9a6c48c-24aa-4b04-8146-9d43717b092c1_zpsmj7rpdc9.jpg

I also installed the LCD into the B board shell. The dremmel work isn't the best, but I plan on replacing the shell soon. this Duct tape crap wont come off:
InstagramCapture_c8baa58b-8ac1-472d-90ef-048b52531d6f1_zpsygrr53l8.jpg

Nice job LV, I love the 4 player support!

Wish I had gone with two more DB15 holes in my SG case to support 4p games/boards. In the long run it would have been a good idea, always next time! ;)

Before the 3D printed case design popped up online, I was trying to wrap my head around a LCD screen case mod like you did. I have zero skill with dremel/power tools however... So I'm glad I got something nice/clean looking, without having to pay someone to do it (cuz I can't) properly.

P.S. I had that same nasty duct tape residue all over my case as well... Arcade operators didn't have clips or something? *sigh* A little rubbing alcohol and alot of elbow grease took care of the heavy, Mr Clean Magic Eraser got the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you share info on how to mod for 3 and 4 player? I would like to add that to connect to my supergun. Thanks!

Update - looks like it comes from the Option harness. Is there one layout that would work for both AVP and D&D (to support 3 and 4 player)?

Last edited:
Is there one layout that would work for both AVP and D&D (to support 3 and 4 player)?
Yes, if you wire the port like this...
When you boot AvP you can configure 3 player mode and use that pinout, same with D&D.
the issue is that some buttons share directions between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd players. Check this out:

2015-05-05_1327.png

as you can see, the kick buttons for p1/2 are directional and normal inputs for 3/4. to get past that, you would need a 6pdt switch, like this:

HT13MUkFHdaXXagOFbXI.jpg

or this:

PBH6UEENAGX.JPG

if you go for pushbutton, make sure you read the documentation.

Nice thanks for the info LV! I've only played a 3P AvP cab once, it was a Big Blue in Lake George NY. All the others I've ever seen have been two players only. I've never once seen a real D&D in the wild, I would love to play on one some day.

Nice thanks for the info LV! I've only played a 3P AvP cab once, it was a Big Blue in Lake George NY. All the others I've ever seen have been two players only. I've never once seen a real D&D in the wild, I would love to play on one some day.
my work's arcade has a damn near mint AvP 3 player big blue that I found for them last year :)

those cps2 multi setups are super dope. Great job all around.

wanted to share this as I finally finished it yesterday: After a MAJOR HW setback (broken pins, required replacement of the A Board) and waiting for faceplate fabrication, I finally finished it.

temporary_zps3mht95me.jpg

temporary_zpsl4wsi46t.jpg

My 4 player consolized CPS2 is complete.

Looks nice Lemony. So are you using UD's USB decoders for the four controller ports?

Nice job LV!

I like the SNES/GC/Wii style A/V jack on the back, and the USB player ports are slick...
I can't help but think for (cosmetic purposes only) four SNES joystick ports would be even more awesome.

Then you could play with 4 of these!
capcomcpsjoy.JPG

Why it would almost be what the AES is to the MVS, only CPS2... Remember the official Capcom CPS-Changer was CPS1 games only (with the exception of SFZ) but did infact use the above controller officially.

Nice job LV!

I like the SNES/GC/Wii style A/V jack on the back, and the USB player ports are slick...
I can't help but think for (cosmetic purposes only) four SNES joystick ports would be even more awesome.

Then you could play with 4 of these!
capcomcpsjoy.JPG

Why it would almost be what the AES is to the MVS, only CPS2... Remember the official Capcom CPS-Changer was CPS1 games only (with the exception of SFZ) but did infact use the above controller officially.
I agree, it would have been great for SNES ports to be used, but I nixed that idea for the following reasons

1) Controller availability
2) panel mount SNES controller connectors don't exist
3) ease of use.

I'll be taking this with me to my local FGC ranbats so allowing people to use their existing fight sticks as quickly and easily as possible. Using four FGC Widgets instead of four UD-USBs would have saved me $90 on the build (seriously!) but it wouldn't be as accessible.

Back