What's new

buffaloj0e

Student
Reaction score
I’m sure this has been answered before but I couldn’t find it. I am trying to setup a versatile cab and was wondering if this was the way to do it.
I was going to wire button 4 to the Jamma edge and also the kick harness. I wasn’t sure if this was would create conflict on non-MVS hardware seeing a short at terminal 25/AC.
Any advice would be appreciated.

What a lot of the Vampire Savior players do for an easy fix is just put some thin scotch tape (transparent/stationery/office tape whatever you want to call it) on the JAMMA edge of the CPS-2 A-Board covering SHOT 4 & 5 on both sides. That seems to work fine preventing "ghost inputs" and we haven't had any issues with the method so far.

Far as I know only Vampire Savior is affected by it, and for that reason I'm considering it a flaw in the games code from Capcom.
For that reason I'd say scotch tape method is fine (the newest version of the HAS and the Sentinel supergun both have switches to disable 4 on edge).

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually had a similar problem just a couple days ago when I realized that Player2 SHOT-5 in Golden Axe: The Duel is a pause button lol. If I was in some kind of rush to play more of that game I'd have to tape up the ol' ST-V instead of waiting for a Sentinel.

I haven't incorporated it into the extender as of yet. The passthrough I'm going to completely rework.

I love having buttons 4 and 5 on the jamma edge, handy for MVS, PGM and Atomiswave which are systems I play frequently. Doesn't bother me about the Vampire glitch as it's not really a game I play and the sgun let's me remedy it by disabling those inputs from the jamma edge if I ever wanted to play it.

It is kinda odd if you think about it...
I mean why if the CPS2 receives all its kick data via harness is button 4 on the edge even connected to anything inside the A-board?
The pins for -5v aren't connected to anything, so why should/would 4?

Back