What's new

Dreygor

Grand Master
Reaction score
By chance does anyone have this wiring schematic that is actually readable? I would be very appreciative.

bqOXyXxl.png

Tagging the VO master @twistedsymphony

Thanks!

-Drey

I have it in dead-tree-format... somewhere...
I'll look for it tonight.

what is it you need to know?

-the wiring in the coin-box for the sound pots. Does not match the Daytona manuals I have,and I also have 3 wires dangling. Need to know for sure where they go.

-Whoever had it prior to me getting it .. before the guy I got it from did a hack job on the video cables. I need to get it sorted and get them ready for LCD monitors.

-I want to do a general wire verification prior to attempting to fire it up again to make sure I don't damage or burn anything out.

I plan on trading the cab to @PlayYing and I don't want to trade him a hacked up cab that is not useable to him.

Even just a really clear picture will work.

You are the man!

So I've discovered that the print quality of the original Diagram is barely legible garbage. it looks almost like for the USA manual they just threw a crappy copy of the JP manual schematic in there or something.

600DPI and all you can really see are sharper blobs: http://www.filedropper.com/votwinwiringdiagram

Ok i appreciate it. I will take a gander at it tomorrow. Thanks!

@twistedsymphony

-Yeah that helps a good bit. Hard to read the monitor section. I get the RGB with ground and sync .. but for the power there are four other wires going to the monitor (aside from the green ground to the frame) I know two are line and neutral, but what is the other two for? I am not hooking the CRT monitors back up but I am curious. I will be crimping in new connectors as I don't want 120vac wires flopping around inside the cab.

-I think I got the sound straightened out. One of the players sound pots was completely missing so I soldered a new one in. Matching the colors on the sound pot that was there.

-There was a broken red wire on the coinbox harness. Not sure where it went but I reconnected it.

-I need to properly tap into the 12vdc off the power supply to power the CRT to VGA converters. I only have one converter right now but I am hoping to get around to testing it tonight. I don't want to power it up until I know there's no random bare wires grounding out to anything.

but for the power there are four other wires going to the monitor (aside from the green ground to the frame) I know two are line and neutral, but what is the other two for?
The other pair of wires is for the degaussing circuit.
OK cool .. a way to manually kick in degaussing if it the monitor doesn't do it at start up .. or if you don't want to restart the machine. Makes sense.

Back