Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
got my chassis back from sharp and I'm getting this problem. Any ideas

Attachments

• received_345808802698969.jpeg
    received_345808802698969.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 179
Adjust the screen pot on the flyback. Turn it counter clockwise very slowly. It helps to put a mirror in front of the monitor so you can see what's happening as you adjust it.

that doesn't do anything to fix my problem. Tried that already.

It honestly looks like a sync issue. Check the dipswitches on the remote board and make sure they're set properly

i believe its my yellow brown yoke connector is loose. would that cause the problem on a 2930. i got a picture to show up on my 2931 with a jammafier but there was a slight graphics pull pm the screen i think it was just remote settings. but after 2 minutes i think the yoke connector moved again and it shutoff. So i need to replace it and hope that is whats causing the 2930 to look like that. No idea what the connector t is though.

Have you tried adjusting the vsync or vertical frequency of the monitor? Also make sure the vsync signal from the game board makes it to the monitor. Eventually try disconnecting it and see if it makes a difference. If one of the deflection coil wires is not connected you end up with a vertical or horizontal line on your monitor.

Reactions: nem
Have you tried adjusting the vsync or vertical frequency of the monitor? Also make sure the vsync signal from the game board makes it to the monitor. Eventually try disconnecting it and see if it makes a difference. If one of the deflection coil wires is not connected you end up with a vertical or horizontal line on your monitor.
Yes I did and i could see it adjusting the sync in the mess on screen.

And you did not forget to connect the tube gnd wire to the neck board. (It's a wire connected to the bare metal one that runs accros the picture tube.)

was told that the horizontal sync circuit has failed.

It's difficult to see as the video looks like it's taken from an angle. It's not happening often that the horizontal sync circuits go bad, but it's not impossible. (With sync circuits I exclude the hot and lopt which are part of the horizontal circuit and do break often)

Back