What's new

Retro_Stockpile

Beginner
Reaction score
I've got a Kortek KT-2502LF chassis, unknown 33" tube (the sticker is gone) that's only displaying in the lower left corner. So far I've replaced all of the caps, replaced the flyback, reflowed all of the solder points on the bottom and verified that there's no shorts or cut traces, I've verified that the caps are all at the correct polarity, and I've check the monitor with other known good PCBs, and I've run a magnet on the screen to see if it brought back the picture towards the magnet and it only distorted where it was showing. I'm really at a loss for what to do now. I don't know a whole lot about monitor repairs, and sourcing parts for this thing is also proving to be a challenge.

My only thought is that the flyback itself isn't the correct part. I sourced one that supposedly matches the Du Go part number but not the Kortek part number. The original is Du Go CF-06291 / KFS-61188 and the one I replaced it with is KFS-61088A. I can't seem to find a KFS-61188, and I don't know anything about what's compatible between these things. Or whether this is even causing the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190226_163752.jpg
    20190226_163752.jpg
    945.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 20190219_0015542.jpg
    20190219_0015542.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 192
I've never seen that before.

Post this on Arcade-Otaku. There's a few monitor techs that frequent the forum.

Actually looking at picture looks like you still have full screen of retrace lines? Can you turn up screen on flyback to see please?

Reactions: nem
Actually looking at picture looks like you still have full screen of retrace lines? Can you turn up screen on flyback to see please?
Here it is cranked all the way up. I still haven't properly degaussed it, so nevermind the distortions from that.

Attachments

• A4A2iVHQ.jpeg
    A4A2iVHQ.jpeg
    464.4 KB · Views: 177
So deflection and flyback are both fine?

So deflection and flyback are both fine?
The flyback is new, though I'm not certain it's the correct one. Deflection board was recapped and all of the solder points were reflowed to make sure there weren't any issues. There's no burnt out parts or broken traces either.

Back