What's new

hardyhell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hy

I try to get a proper setup for these systems on my NAC.

@acblunden2 helped me with some information in another tread.

You'll want to feed any amp line level audio.
  • MVS - use line level stereo from head phone jack
  • CPS2 - use line level stereo from RCA connectors
  • Seibu - I am not familiar with this board“
So I need to take this line level audio into a high low converter and the in a an amp before I can send it to my speakers?

Right now I connected the speakers directly to the headphone connection of my mvs stereo mainboard.
Sound seems ok in general and not too loud from the start like it is with the mvs speaker out.
Sometimes there are situations where the speakers make a crashing cracking sound though.
I read all types of different comments. Some say that line sound damages the speakers. Others say that speakers damaged the line sound device.

So is there a good 100% solution that will not damage anything.

Thank you very much

My MVS can have that intermittent harsh garbage sound, usually when I have not played it for a while. I think it is the Capacitors on the sound section that need replacing. I am hoping to buy a kit one day

My MVS can have that intermittent harsh garbage sound, usually when I have not played it for a while. I think it is the Capacitors on the sound section that need replacing. I am hoping to buy a kit one day
That's a cap problem, yes.

Oh. Really?
I thought it was perhaps because of the sound type. It’s common at explosions and stuff like that. It over crash cracks ....

So I need to take this line level audio into a high low converter and the in a an amp before I can send it to my speakers?
If you already have line or 'low' level audio then no converter is required you feed it directly to an amplifier, the output of which is 'high' level or speaker level.

You can get some amps which will accept high level inputs or you can buy various gadgets to do this, one such example

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-BOSS-Audio-B65N-Systems/dp/B000LP4RMQ

Incidentally if you are taking audio from the MVS headphone socket that is speaker level or high level audio, you'd have to tap off prior to the headphone amp for true low level signal.

Some further explanation on audio :
https://knowledge.sonicelectronix.c...r-amplifiers/high-level-v-s-low-level-inputs/

The article pertains to car audio but the principles are the same.

That's a cap problem, yes.
Oh. Really?
I thought it was perhaps because of the sound type. It’s common at explosions and stuff like that. It over crash cracks ....

Could be caps but try this first. Clean your Slider potentiometers with rubbing alcohol+q-tips. Slide it back and forth a little as well to clean it.

Afterwards set your volume slider to about 20-25%, experiment a bit with it. Turn the volume up on your speakers to gain loudness, not the mvs.

What you're hearing is clipping. MVS systems like to do that a lot in my experience if you put the slider over 20-30% especially on explosions/sound effects.

Reactions: nem
Am I missing something here? why not just tap proper line level audio and feed that to a decent amp

Thanks for the help. Cleaned the sliders. Sound errors Stil remain.
But another thing .I tested the sound in mvs Sound test menu. I realised that when I do this left or right only sound beep the there is also a beep on the other speaker. Just more silent.

Is this normal ?

I tested this device chain yesterday:
Coming from mvs speaker out to the high low converter Sinuslive HL-406 High-Low-Level-Converter https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0000WR4PW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yD3GCbK1P35DB
To the amp
DollaTek LEPY LP-838 Auto Channel... https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07DJ4P86M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
And finally to the speakers.

Hey

I just bought myself a Capcom q sound amp that takes the 12 v from the jamma.

But having big sound noise in the background. Anyone also had this problem ?

Could be a grounding issue.

You could try powering the amp from the auxiliary 12V header on the NAC PSU.

You mean taking the power from the psu?

Not sure about the pinout of the amp. Right now there is only One power cable going to the amp. Not ground at all to the power input

Well, you're taking power from the PSU regardless, be it from the aux header or the jamma harness.

Can you take a pic of your setup?

Back