What's new
It was sold as a v3 from sheep but ended up being a v2 with coin cell holder
that's just it... I don't think there is a "v2" or "v3"... we've already identified 4 different PCB versions, and based on the pcb numbering there could be more than a dozen.

If memory is working.. The actual slot connectors on the latter ones are different. I know the older ones are labled "foxxcon".. But the latter ones are "IGS".

I think the connector contacts are different. Older ones have a single "pin / wiper" but latter ones have "2 pins / wiper" .

I only have V1's here at the moment... so can't check.

D.

I'm gonging to have to re-check my two later boards I may have missed the "IGS PCB" number under the cart connectors
rechecked and there are indeed IGS PCB numbers on the back edge behind the cart connector.. And the last section of the IGS PCB number seems to match the last section of the number on the underside of the PCB making it eay to identify the PCB version.

So far we have: V5, V9, V12, and V14

out of these V14 is the only one that looks like it had a battery holder from the factory.

i have PCB NO-0133-1 AND PCB NO-0133-3.
BOTH have the rechargeable Ni-MH battery.

Hope this helps.

D.

I have -08 and -12, both came with ‘square’ battery and modded for coin cell

@twistedsymphony PM me your email and I will send you some pics.
They are too big to upload to the forum from my phone

Top post updated with some photos from @PascalP That makes 5 Confirmed versions of the mobo so far!

does anyone have a "-13" model?

the -12 uses a square silk screen around the battery and has through-holes supporting multiple battery pin types.

the -14 uses a circular silk screen around the battery and only supports 1 battery pin type.

it would be nice to know when this change occurred :)

Huh. Wonder what happened with their IGS silkscreening post Pascals v8.

Untitled2.jpg

I have a V5 and V14. So nothing different than what's already been posted.

V5 recently developed a fault sadly. Loads games but with minor graphical glitches and the game soon crashes and freezes, with some form of error code.

Hey All..

I've added Motherboard scans to my web site. I have a 1,3,5,12 and 14. I think i have a 13 some were... and maybe a 17 as well. I'll have to check....

D.

Hey Guys,

Just added REV 10 and REV 11 PGM Motherboards to my site. Welcome to use them :)

The Motherboard with the socketed BIOS.. Thats me who did that mod... :) Even though MAME PGM.CPP says the BIOS is socketed... i have NEVER seen a MoBo with it socketed... In this case the BIOS Mask Rom was faulty....

So i have now. 1, 3, 5, 10, 11, 12 , 14.

D.

Last edited:
I was just going to say that the BIOS on mine is socketed, but on closer inspection that's just the termination resistor arrays. :) Thanks to the plastic shell you can't get a good view.

(A universe-bios style patch would be cool to skip the boot sequence, and give more diagnostics about the cart...)

Hey Guys,

Just a few typo's :)

V3: IGS PCB NO-0133-1 (25G4285-3) (should be 0133-3)

From gc7tech.com (should be an 8)

D.

Another big diffrance...

Did you want to do a post maybe at the start listing all these?? I have done a few single posts with differences inside them.

Last big one is the Cap near the power part of the jamma finger.(below the Z80 ram) On older boards its on the left. With newer boards it in the middle (of the power section of the jamma finger).

Its the easiest way to know what your getting if some one has a pic in ebay etc.... Cos it right out in the open...

D.

Back