What's new
i do not have access to a cps3, can the files be programed directly to the flash roms?

Directly how ?
No, AFAIK you will need a CPS3 setup or someone to do it for you.

Like with a burner, desolder the chips and burn the file to them

I think so... But damn bro what a crazy amount of work and chance to fuck em up soldering back in. Anyone with a CPS3 multi setup can write the SIMMs for you in like 20mins. Just do that and stop trying to "beat the system" so to type. :P

don't know anyone with a cps3 setup, does someone in here have a cps3 simm service?

Hi guys,

I've got a lot of 27c160 and I think to do a conversion of Street Fighter Zero because no roms exceed 2Mo so.

Do you think it's possible to use this kind of eprom instead of 27c322 on CPS2 Black Board?
I doubt because of the jumpers (only 4 on Black Board).

Thanks ;)

I try to burn in 64 mb and 32 mb simm progear with cps2black.

this is the romfiles:

progea11.jpg

for example the first 64 mb SIMM have 4 files, pga-simm.01a,.01b,.01c and .01d.
To be reconized cps2black I must change the extension by .03,.04,.05 and .06. 2048ko each.
Changing extension could it make issues?
after treatment I have one .bin but only 4096ko, is it normal?
progea12.jpg

for 32mb simms I have to file same thing, change extension to .03 and .04 and 1 file 4096ko (more coherent)

progea10.jpg

could you help me?

I'm not sure CPS2Black supports the 64Mb SIMMs that are used to hold gfx data on some regular plastic case CPS2s (Progear, Mighty Pang).
I think it's only designed for the single 32Mb (or 4096kB) SIMMs used on black all-in-one CPS2s, where it replaces the program Eproms of regular CPS2s.

THX if I create 2 x32mb .bin file and try to merge it, any chance? If yes how to? no problem with pinout of siimm?

Necro bump here, but @parodius did you happen to dump the 64mb roms for SFZ3? I have one that has GFX issues and I need to something to compare my mask roms against.

I'm really hoping you're still here and you have those dumps

Hey, I am still around, and I still have the game.
I’m just surprised there’s no dump already out there for those mask roms?
Anyway I can help but it might take me a couple of weeks :)

Hey, I am still around, and I still have the game.
I’m just surprised there’s no dump already out there for those mask roms?
Anyway I can help but it might take me a couple of weeks :)
Oh awesome! I can dump my roms, I just need to know what to tell my burner is an equivalent IC so it can be read. The NEC mask rom isn’t listed as compatible :/

Back