What's new
When I used it, didn’t seem like novus 3 was hard enough to even do anything to glass since it is supposed to be used on plastics. Novus 1 shouldn’t have any abrasives in it, it seemed like rainx to me.

sounds like different opinions About the novus.

thanks for the comments.

there is one deeper Scratch as well perhaps i really should think About sanding it down and then polish…
lets see if i can find a way.

I had a couple of screens where the anti static coating was already rubbed off/scratched in places, and looked pretty ugly. Just like the OP mentioned, the patches where the coating was rubbed off were a fair amount brighter, and very noticeable.
I used Novus 3 to remove the coating.
Here's a couple of example pics. I was (still am) happy with the results.

Before:
SnVSKK0.png

After:
GYacoKW.png

Before:
iTkRFi4.jpg

After:
KufjBdr.jpg

I had a couple of screens where the anti static coating was already rubbed off/scratched in places, and looked pretty ugly. Just like the OP mentioned, the patches where the coating was rubbed off were a fair amount brighter, and very noticeable.
I used Novus 3 to remove the coating.
Here's a couple of example pics. I was (still am) happy with the results.
oh that looks really fine.
and yes these spots without coating are too annoying.

did you experience any negative effect without the Coating.more static load or mirroing of the front glass while playing

thanks

did you experience any negative effect without the Coating.more static load or mirroing of the front glass while playing
Nope, I've not noticed any issues. Those pics are from 2016, from screens that I'm still using today :thumbup:

I buffed two by hand, and one with the help of an electric sander.
Although the tubes were pretty much identical (2 Astro, 1 Windy), all three took different amounts of elbow grease.
One came off with very little effort, one medium effort, and the other (electric assisted) was a really slog to do!

i was thinking About getting a polish machine.

thanks for the help

I used this, worked like a charm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Farecla-Professional-Scratch-Remover-Liquid/dp/B004RAUJA0

- Clean dust completely
- Use this compound with microfiber cloth until the compound completely disappears it will remove the UV coating with all scratches. By hand it with circular strong movements.
- Clean everything again with glass cleaning liquid
- Do another pass if needed.
- Clean again

Took me 30 minutes

Can remove all scratches except the deepest ones that get your nail stuck in it.

for scratch like this mechanics polisher is it requiired?

20210112-jpg.jpg

and for light scratch what's best, noxus or rain-X? With hand?

I did the same on my crazy taxi, 1 scratch, hand worked the spot not considering the coating and buffed a lighter shiny spot.
Im guessing you could retina the whole screen by spaying it with a tinted lacquer professionally. Not sur if this has been tried before by someone.
Similar to tinting light plastics.

Back