What's new

Dreygor

Grand Master
Reaction score
What are the best drop in replacements for the Sega Blast City cabinets? Not the big oblong speaker box with two mids and a tweater. I mean the actual speakers in the box. There has to be some good readily available domestic (US) speakers that fit this bill.

Thanks
-Drey

There isn’t any drop in replacements. I believe there was a thread with someone creating 3D printed brackets to fit some aliexpress speakers, but they don’t really sound good. If your speaker cones are ripped or blown, your best bet is to just replace the entire speaker

Yeah, it's funny. I contacted Yaton last night and he messaged me back right away and told me they were re-listed. I went ahead and bought one set and almost bought a second set. I needed to hold off because I went ahead and bought PCB door, coin bucket door, a JAMMA harness, a coin shroud, and a set of keys/locks lol.

I put them on watch and may try to buy another set next payday.

If any of you are thrashing some of these speakers let me know, I would like to get 2 of them. I can probably come up with a replacement driver setup.

Oh, also, can anyone show me pics of how the speakers mount inside the cab, how they are held in place?

If any of you are thrashing some of these speakers let me know, I would like to get 2 of them. I can probably come up with a replacement driver setup.

Oh, also, can anyone show me pics of how the speakers mount inside the cab, how they are held in place?
There's loads of video and pics on my photoblog @Derick2k

Scroll back like 2 weeks.

been looking but I can't find any info. I just had to replace my speakers from my blasts they had no foam. Wish I had got the Yanton new ones but was short I have some of his used ones works well enough.

he just put 2 more up. I bought a pair.

Btw they are 8ohms if that helps.

I'm not a speaker guy in the least but I found this useful for some of the technojargon

Attachments

• diagram3.gif
    diagram3.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 535
How are the speakers hooked up? I want to get stereo sound out to my speakers and the sound through jamma is only mono. If I can just disconnect the wire into the speakers and hook them up to an rca cable then I’m good to go but I don’t know where the wires are exactly. I see a couple but I’m unable to unhook it. I’m also afraid to break the wires as they are old and look frail.

Speaker are already wired for stereo in the blast. You should have an rca harness already. If not you can make one and wired it up to your harness board. The amp in the blast uses either sound from the jamma edge (mono) or from the rca input. I forgot if it auto senses the signal and switches or you have to hook up one or the other.

On mine, they are labeled as "Line" and "Speaker" for RCA and Mono respectively. I really think it could be better labeled as something else, those terms seem confusing to me.

On mine, they are labeled as "Line" and "Speaker" for RCA and Mono respectively. I really think it could be better labeled as something else, those terms seem confusing to me.
It's referring to Line level audio (pre-amplification) and speaker as in post amplification like on a car amplifier where inputs can be speaker level (or high level) or line level (low level).

It's referring to Line level audio (pre-amplification) and speaker as in post amplification like on a car amplifier where inputs can be speaker level (or high level) or line level (low level).
Ah so the "Line" connector uses the amp on whatever board instead of the built in amp of the blast?

Back