What's new

Soundmazta

Student
Reaction score
Does anybody know if I can play other games in my time crisis 4 cabinet. Is it possible to get time crisis 5 or razing storm working in it?

I believe Time Crisis 5 is a windows embedded system as opposed to the super256 that runs TC4, and uses LCD monitors and different sensors for TC5 as well.

Unless you do some wizardry and replace it with a different system, a TC4 is a TC4 for the most part. Sorry dude!

Replacing the game board is okay, but I don't want to change to much. I don't know much about Namco gun boards and guns so I am not sure what I would have to change..

You might be able to get older Namco gun games to work? Not sure if that'd be just a board swap or things would need to be rewired or if it just wont work.

TC4 uses the OMZ IR guns similar to Sega's IR system Technically it should be cross compatible So you could potentially swap in a NAOMI, Chihiro, or Lindbergh and play any of those gun games, it may require some rewiring as I'm unsure if they use the same input mapping. I also don't know if the TC4 PSUs supply 3.3V since it's not required for System 256 they might not. I believe the Sega boards should work fine with the Namco JVS IO and OMZ IR gun boards though.

As for Namco Games, I've heard that Cobra The Arcade might be compatible with that hardware, though I don't know for sure and there seems to be some conflicting info on it. I don't think any other older Namco game uses that gun hardware though.

Newer Namco games Like Time Crisis 5 might work with the guns but It's doubtful it will work with the monitors since it was designed for HD from the ground up and I would be surprised if it had a low resolution mode.

Thanks for the answers. I will try to get some Sega games working on the TC cabinet. Maybe I will get a Tc5 board in the future. Older Namco games wich are working without gun sensors shouldn't work or?

Older Namco games wich are working without gun sensors shouldn't work or?
As for Namco Games, I've heard that Cobra The Arcade might be compatible with that hardware, though I don't know for sure and there seems to be some conflicting info on it. I don't think any other older Namco game uses that gun hardware though.
As I said... the only older Namco game that MIGHT use that gun hardware is Cobra The Arcade.

Back