What's new

glstar

Grand Master
Reaction score
Me and a friend are doing this….
gTpNSMNh.jpg

ra9cQCxh.jpg

YfpJwmxh.jpg

In proto stage currently since i don't have the exact measurements of the japanise spinner, so this could not be 100% correct….
But the topper is just Amazing also this way….

Maybe it will be reduced a little since i think it's too big (5,8cm) and the holes need to be more deep (currently 2mm).
It would be great to have the exact measurements from a real one…..this way the repro will be exactly the same.

I think that 5,6cm of diameter and 4mm of hole deep should be ok and more similar to the real jap one.
It will be used on a modified Taito spinner….

We'll start doing this topper in some times, and some will be available if there is some interest about.

Maybe we should be able to also have available a complete repro spinner including this top board too….
An already working complete repro spinner….maybe..

Work proceed....
Here is some update
RNU3Pemh.jpg

BSM9yLth.jpg

oz8CXswh.jpg

Here you can see the pushing mechanism.

Last edited:
Full reproduction please. Someone get this man a real unit stat!

Full reproduction please. Someone get this man a real unit stat!
For sure having measurements from the real spinner, would result in having a perfect repro of the metal top board.
Regarding the full repro, we'are working on this one using a Taito spinner and this could be done.
We are looking into repro also the Taito board and the metal brackets and the plastic wheels…..
We will see...

I'm in for a set when they get made!

Fantastic work so far!

I've been wanting to work on getting a repo made but even finding an original spinner to BORROW has been troublesome :-/

BTW @rewrite I've already started the drawings on the Ghox spinner you sent me ;)

Full reproductions please. Let us know when it’s ready, I will definitely buy 1 or 2 sets.

I'll take a set of "complete" reproductions too!

I'll take a complete set (meaning two spinners) as well :)

we are trying to do a full repro
in the meantime topper part will be revised
a little bit smaller with larger and deeper holes
that should be more similar to the original.

I don't understand why you don't have a real one to compare to? Do we need to do a group buy to get to you? I can just purchase one off of YAJ if everyone wants to kick some cash in.

Does it need to be NOS or can you work with an older one that is used?

I don't understand why you don't have a real one to compare to? Do we need to do a group buy to get to you? I can just purchase one off of YAJ if everyone wants to kick some cash in.

never had one
and now they are just too pricey.
i just need the measurements if someone have it
nothing more than this.

I would contribute to the cause. . .

Back