What's new
I’ll post pics soon of repro knob, has been a nightmare sending this thing back and forth places even after getting cad model done. Cause if it gets lost, I’m done since I dont have extras. But so far things are working out, once I have a prototype that I’m happy with I will be sending a few out to testers.

The button is just a regular OSBN-30.

The fault in that design is that I really don't think the spring in the microswitch has enough force to push the modded button top up.
The rotary encoder that they are using in the button probably has its own push button function and it would be able to push the button back up.

The rotary encoder that they are using in the button probably has its own push button function and it would be able to push the button back up.
if that were true they wouldn't have needed to mount it in a button.

Reactions: nem
if that were true they wouldn't have needed to mount it in a button.
Sure they would if a panel is already cut for that size, they would have no way to mount the rotary encoder as the hole is way to big it’s actually somewhat of a smart solution for a stupid reason.

Sure they would if a panel is already cut for that size, they would have no way to mount the rotary encoder as the hole is way to big it’s actually somewhat of a smart solution for a stupid reason.
There's only four wires going inside the button. One for 5V, one for GND, and two for left and right movement. There is no other switch.

It's possible they put in a harder spring inside the microswitch, but I doubt it.

Point is, the solution is super ghetto and most likely doesn't work all that great.

Would I need a special interface if I wanted to put this in a USB stick?

TIA

Attachments

• D41A83DB-C302-4B1C-93E8-FA4E551DB093.png
    D41A83DB-C302-4B1C-93E8-FA4E551DB093.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 347
Hello,
Very nice project. :)
I will be probably interested to get 2 sets when It will be done. Are things going well now?
Thank you

Hey there guys,
How is this going. Am still looking to buy 2 if you successfully manage to recreate the forgotten worlds spinner!
Thanks!

@Derick2k Any update on the reproduction spinner you were working on?
Sorry bro, projects are pretty much at a standstill for now, although most shops are currently working with limited staff, etc...things are taking way longer to get responses on, and for things to be shipped, etc...

Plus Im having to prioritize/focus on my business over the hobby, I have to pay the bills. I dont qualify for any type of stimulus, small bullshit loan programs the government is dishing out which was already eaten up my "small" business, which is an insult with the amount of layoffs and hardships we are enduring. Plus the funny things is we law abiding, tax paying, working class citizens will end up paying the bill all this bullshit down the line with higher taxes/less breaks/more fucked up laws/regulations. If you thought things have been expensive enough/bad now, just wait till our governments and big coprs decide they need to make up the $$ lost.

@Derick2k Any update on the reproduction spinner you were working on?
Sorry bro, projects are pretty much at a standstill for now, although most shops are currently working with limited staff, etc...things are taking way longer to get responses on, and for things to be shipped, etc...
Plus Im having to prioritize/focus on my business over the hobby, I have to pay the bills. I dont qualify for any type of stimulus, small bullshit loan programs the government is dishing out which was already eaten up my "small" business, which is an insult with the amount of layoffs and hardships we are enduring. Plus the funny things is we law abiding, tax paying, working class citizens will end up paying the bill all this bullshit down the line with higher taxes/less breaks/more fucked up laws/regulations. If you thought things have been expensive enough/bad now, just wait till our governments and big coprs decide they need to make up the $$ lost.
No problem. Take care of yourself. I can understand your problems your facing. Just stay healthy my friend.

Back