What's new

Hackcell

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi,

What's the correct AMP extractor to use with 177915-2 and 177917-1 pins?

Thanks

This, I kid you not:
paperclip.jpg

To use it, stick it into the side of the connector where the wire inserts into. If viewing the connector from the wire side with the top of the connector facing up, you want to position the insertion at dead center (12 o'clock) between the connector and the wire. There is a latch that you'll push into with slight pressure. As soon as you do that, the wire and pin comes right out.

You can thank @300wins for demonstrating this for me.

This, I kid you not:
paperclip.jpg

To use it, stick it into the side of the connector where the wire inserts into. If viewing the connector from the wire side with the top of the connector facing up, you want to position the insertion at dead center (12 o'clock) between the connector and the wire. There is a latch that you'll push into with slight pressure. As soon as you do that, the wire and pin comes right out.

You can thank @300wins for demonstrating this for me.
+1 for this

I bought the 60 dollar pin extractor from TE. It's a flimsy POS. I haven't felt as duped in quite a while.

Unless you're removing pins daily, +1 for the paper clip.

I have a set of extractor pin on my toolbox similar to this: C$ 2.71 18%OFF | OOTDTY 11 Pcs Auto Car Plug Circuit Board Wire Harness Terminal Extraction Pick Connector Crimp Pin Back Needle Remove Tool
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cEtg7Ipw

They get used all the time for various little thing and only $2-$3. Well worth having for that price and utility.

I don't know how to share but very easy to find on Ali like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190315-121947.png
    Screenshot_20190315-121947.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 121
Back