What's new

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Some interest has been expressed regarding these so I figured I'd make a formal post.

These are controller adapters with the primary intent of use with a supergun that utilises Neo-Geo styled DB15 connectors.

Same pinout as Undamned USB decoders, compatible with Sentinel and HAS superguns, and any other device that accepts a Neo-Geo controller. If you want to utilise them on an actual Neo-Geo console, an extension cable will be required on account of the deeper DB15 sockets.

MD2NEO
  • Supports official and aftermarket SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis controllers.
  • Supports 3 and 6 button controllers, automatically.
  • START button is mapped to START & MODE button is mapped to COIN.
  • Built in autofire feature available on all 6 face buttons, either individually or multiple buttons can be enabled. Hold START followed by the button you wish to enable autofire on. Same procedure to disable.
  • Socketed Atmega 8. Lag free.
SNES2NEO
  • Supports official and third party Snes controllers.
  • Full 6 button support.
  • START button is mapped to START & SELECT button is mapped to COIN.
  • Socketed Atmega 8. Lag free.
Both work with 8bitdo wireless receivers. This means that the adapters can easily provide a wireless controller experience, support every 8bitdo controller and addionally means you can use a wireless Playstation / Xbox / Wii controller.

I'm out of stock at the moment but will have some available in a few weeks.

Pricing is in Australian dollars:
  • $25ea
Shipping:

Within Australia it's about $5 in a padded envelope or $9 in a box with tracking. USA is $5 for a single adapter in a padded envelope, $7.50 for x 2, $17 in a box up to 500 grams economy airmail. The adapters weigh about 30g each. I'll provide an accurate cost at time of order.

53970396_10216835295127719_7664961922508259328_n.jpg

Very sweet, as you've said, pair with an 8bitdo retro receiver and you can run bluetooth controllers. Xbone, Wii U, Switch, PS4 pads for your friends that don't like sticks!

Hoping you have them in stock when my sentinel order comes up :)

Awesome stuff, glad you're getting these out there! I got Version 1.0 of both adapters here, what are the differences with the new ones @Frank_fjs

New ones have an LCD screen :P

No difference at all mate, just some silkscreen stuff. Functionally identical.

I use both. Snes is great for Neo-Geo, Mega Drive for fighters. Dpad on 8bitdo MD is very nice.

Sorry Frank, I should have clarified. I meant by the "retro receiver" end of things. I'm aware that we can use any 8bitdo control pad with either receiver for the preferred controller experience. Was wondering why the SNES2Neo version didn't have autofire, where the MD2Neo does have it.

Lovely jubbly! I'll be wanting two of these to go with the pair of 8bitdo 2.4GHz M30s I just bought. Wireless supergunning ahoy!

I did the Snes one first, a long time ago, and never thought of adding an autofire feature and have since misplaced the source code. Mega Drive ones were done end of last year and I added autofire as the idea popped into my head.

If anyone has issues with 8bitdo 2.4G M30 controllers, shout out. Early units with V1 firmware have some connectivity issues which have been fully resolved in a beta V2 firmware. 8bitdo haven't made the beta firmware publicly available but I have it if anyone needs it.

Holy crap I need to pick up a snes2neo adapter. Do I need to pm you @Frank_fjs to get in on this or just this comment that I want one lol.

They're not available just yet.

I've got 5 of each assembled ready to go barring the Atmega chip which I'm awaiting delivery on. I'll make a formal sales post when they're ready.

If anyone has issues with 8bitdo 2.4G M30 controllers, shout out. Early units with V1 firmware have some connectivity issues which have been fully resolved in a beta V2 firmware. 8bitdo haven't made the beta firmware publicly available but I have it if anyone needs it.
The final v2.00 firmware update is now available on 8bitdo's support site.

The instructions say that the update won't work on OS X, but that's only true if you try to copy the update file using Finder.app (which I guess most people will try to do). You'll just end up with a non-functional receiver and/or controller with a volume ID of V0_00. I found that if you copy the firmware binary to the controller/receiver using cp in a terminal, the update will go through fine.

I noticed that too, that 8bitdo have officially made the V2 firmware available.

Since updating I've not had any issues, rock solid connectivity and very responsive. This is becoming my favourite controller, so cheap and buttons/dpad/overall feel is great. Includes the receiver which is tiny, supports the mode button, built in autofire, love it.

I've also purchased the Bluetooth controller and receiver, Aliexpress had a brief sale on them and I had some coupons to use up. I want to experience first hand what the difference is.

Definitely interested in two MD2NEOs to simplify my 4 player ArPiCade project I'm working on. My hacked up Genesis controllers I'm using know will just go to the test bench instead :)

Edit: Actually, I think I'll take 2 of each.

Last edited:
Back