What's new

hrvat9

Student
Reaction score
I got a strikers 1999 pcb that looks clean but boots to nothing. The sh2 and Psikyo custom get pretty dam hot and quick. I had a friend check the clock signal with his oscilloscope quickly one day and he said there’s nothing. Today I had another friend who does surface mount work check the sh2 and the custom and he said they’re both good( as in soldered to the board).

Should I go ahead and change the crystal on the board next?

Last edited:
that’s definitely not what I wanted to here. Want to take a crack at it anyways?

I'm in NZ, where are you?
I know where to find SH2s but what about the Psikyo custom chip?
It's taking the route of an uneconomical repair I'm afraid.

Ah crap that is a tad far ahah. CAn you route me to the sh2 link? I’ll gladly pay for the chip :) I have A local friend who can do surface mount work. The psikyo I’ll find also

So I turned on my strikers 1945 2 and noticed the Psikyo custom and the sh2 on this board get stinking hot too, but the boats runs without issues??

Maybe something else is at play here...what controls the video on these boards?

The Strikers 1945 II I repaired the SH2 and custom get pretty warm. Not finger burning warm but more than most ICs. I just figured it was the way they were.

They didn't get as hot as an amp or anything.

The Strikers 1945 II I repaired the SH2 and custom get pretty warm. Not finger burning warm but more than most ICs. I just figured it was the way they were.

They didn't get as hot as an amp or anything.
Yeah it’s not burning but dam it’s hot lol they both (strikers 1999 and 1945 2) were decently hot. What was wrong with your board? My 1945 2 has low sound and a buzz coming from the speakers, I capped the sound area already

It was giving a garbled screen (loose SH-2) and then messed up backgrounds (loose Psykio custom and loose SMD ROMs)

Back