What's new
Thanks for the info and pictures.

Looking at those power supplies they accept 100-120VAC which is handy as there are some pretty cheap 240-110V transformers on ebay that I could get for them, by cheap I mean much much cheaper than replacing all the internal PSU's. They are also significantly cheaper than the equivalent 100V transformer, I think that is just the economies of scale though.
the only problem with doing that is the Wei-ya psu is crap and doesn't work well unless fed 100VAC. You could replace it with a sanwa SWN-JVS or even a SUN psu fron a naomi and it would be fine. If you live in 230VAC land like I do then the Wei-ya P272G can be picked up for around £40.
ah yeah, I just see your previous comment further up about them being unstable at 110/120, hhmm i'm sure our US counterparts just roll these things out of container and run them straight off the mains. Oh well looks like i'll have to opt for the more expensive 100V transformer then or swap out the PSUs in the cab.
nope, vewlixs with the wei-ya psu for JVS need to have 100v fed to it here in the US or they dont work properly. Im using 120 to 100v stepdowns. I havent had time to go thru those psus to see if with a few upgraded components they can be made more reliable when using 120v.

Cleaning...

The side-trim has metal brackets fastened inside, carefully undo the screws and scrub the panels & brackets clean with plenty of hot soapy water. remove any marks with magic eraser (you will need to re-polish the panels if you do). when you refit the screws DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN them as the plastic pillars they fasten into will break!

P1010476 (Large).JPG
P1010478 (Large).JPG
P1010479 (Large).JPG

This is why I strip down any cab I get - I found all of this loose inside this cab....
P1010462 (Large).JPG

To re-assemble reverse the process - however I do have some tips.

When you fit the white front marquee retainer, fit the two middle screws first - then fit the edge ones as the extra flex you have makes lining up the screws simpler, also refit before putting the side trim back on in case you drop the screws.

Fit the top pair of speakers loosely so you can tweak them so no gap above monitor.
Did you ever figure out what the green thing is? Had one in my cab too.

Back