What's new

penrhos

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have a fastio vewlix-f and the taito upscaler pcb. I want to make a JAMMA loom to connect it all up.

I'm 99% sure I need:-

1 * YLP-15V - P1-loom cab end.
1 * YLP-04V - 12V.

1 * YLR-12V - P2-loom cab end.
1 * YLR-08V - Coin/Service.
1 * YLR-02V - Earth.
1 * YLR-03P - Power for PSU.

Which leaves the video leads loose.

before I order the parts can someone confirm all the part numbers are correct.

I'm bypassing the taito one with the jamma edge connector on. That way if I need it later I can plug it into the jamma connector.

Cool, I found the bin with my spare Jamma kits, I will verify the connectors on it later this evening.

pics of scaler video / power connector

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 165
Finally all the parts have arrived and I've made a start....
P1010550 (Large).JPG

P1 & P2 + Earth cables crimped up and wrapped...

P1010551 (Large).JPG

And the other ends of the P1, P2 and service panel looms ready to solder to the JAMMA edge connector.....
P1010552 (Large).JPG

After a four hour marathon of trimming, crimping & soldering the prototype is 95% done - the only thing missing is the audio wires and I need to work out what one of the connectors is to complete that as it's not the same as the others...
P1010553 (Large).JPG

JAMMA end - I used a labelled JAMMA adapter so I could check continuity and that I'd soldered the wires to to the correct pins.

NB : I've wired it up Chinese-JAMMA ie all 6 fire buttons to the JAMMA connector and only the last pin is "GND" (not the last two pins) as my Chewlix is wired this way and I've made an adapter to split it out to JAMMA+CPS2 kick.

P1010554 (Large).JPG

Taito upscaler end - I re-used a power connector as I hadn't ordered the correct crimps so a quick cut-n-shut and some heat-shrink so the wires are the right colours.
P1010555 (Large).JPG

Control panel end - I've only done the sticks & buttons, no analogue connectors.
P1010556 (Large).JPG

Coin, service, test & counter connector and earth lug.
P1010557 (Large).JPG

I'm adding a small JAMMA PSU and powering it from the spare mains connector on the Wei-Ya supply - this way I can still use it to power a Naomi/246/256. It's also powering the Taito upscaler from the +5V line.
P1010558 (Large).JPG

Now for a couple of beers and quick check with the multi-meter and time to test if it works OK.

Still not sure what to do with the audio:-
  1. Replicate the Taito solution with volume-pot etc
  2. Take mono audio from the edge connector and connect to both speakers at the "unknown type" plug for the speaker connector.
  3. Make a 4-wire loom to the speaker connector and make it so I can do mono to JAMMA or stereo to MVS/F3 on a 4-pin.

Initial testing looks OK - got two fire buttons transposed on Player-1, Upscaler works (although the picture seems a little dim) and test/credit/service/coin counter all work.

So the last stumbling block is this connector...

P1010563 (Large).JPG

and this is the speaker plug that goes into it. I need the part numbers and its not a YLP-04V or YLR-04V.

P1010564 (Large).JPG

I need the inline socket version of this part regardless of if I direct wire the audio from the JAMMA connector or add the 100 Ohm pot inline first.

Found the part number - JST XLR-04V - can't find anyone in the UK with any stock though. The side angled PCB version is S04P-XL-HDB and top entry is B04P-XL-HDB or B04P-XL-HDS.

Last edited:
Back