What's new

Anselmo

Champion
Reaction score
Ok, So I got my Darksoft kit yesterday. And since i'm a so damn impatient, I decided I could solder the key writing wires. I couldn't. I burnt the copper pad off....sooooo I proceeded to just go without the key writing wires and run decrypted roms. It actually worked! So now I'm running decrypted ROMS that I got from the old version of the Roll up pack.

Problem #1: Almost all games work perfectly, except for a handful. Some have graphics glitches and some just go on a reset loop before making it to the main screen. Is this a ROM file problem? SD Card problem?

Problem #2: Can I wire up the auto reset feature somewhere other than the SETUP2 solder point? I am pretty sure I fried it. Please don't make fun of me I know I screwed it up.... :/

Info: Revision 7 with a G pal chip.

#1 which specific romsets are those?
#2 there's an alternate firmware for that that uses another point for reset. My advice is that you contact @Mitsurugi-w which is also based in USA and can fix that for you.

thanks. I've sent Mitsu a PM so hopefully I can get this out in the mail to him soon.

You're in good hands with Darksoft and Mitsurgi-w. I had problems with my Darksoft kit too and they took care of me and it's been running perfectly. Thank you once again. :)

Hello guys I purchased a multi kit few years a go I hardly use it but when I do lately games start fine after a few minutes the game reboots over and over try to find info of this issue and found that needed to check 5v voltages under load mean with game connected so I adjusted it 5v still same issue also try another sd card a found the it was recommended in installation format it FAT32 loaded with games also how can I tell if I have the latest firmware not sure if this could be the problem please help not what else can be wrong

Bump 5v up to around 5.1v. Cps2 can be a bit hungry.

Where would be the best place to check 5v for better results at jamma connector or somewhere in pcb multi kit

Ok I will try that, other than the rebooting issue the system works fine love it

Ok so I got back from work and check 5v rail at jamma connector was 4.8v so adjusted to 5v was not able to go any higher that’s the max and still reboots I took a small video try to posted but I guess is to big of a file

Attachments

• 7948A0ED-AB51-4980-B4D8-8C692F01B004.jpeg
    7948A0ED-AB51-4980-B4D8-8C692F01B004.jpeg
    617.9 KB · Views: 367
5.01 is the highest it will go? I think you need a new PSU.

5.01 is the highest it will go? I think you need a new PSU.
Yea too low, my PSU is pushing +5.18v with no load (no PCB attached) and about +5.04v with most boards (MVS/CPS2) connected (according to the HAS LCD).
LM2ay1h.jpg

Ok the strange thing is that a built 2 superguns with 2 different power supply unit and both same result you guy still suggest to change PSU with a better one any suggestions in what brand I should go that is consistent please advise

I use the Suzo Happ Power Pro 130watt... But any real/authentic arcade PSU is highly recommended.
ATX and other computer PSUs can be problematic as they don't offer independent adjustments for +5v and +12v rails.

In 1 of the supergun that I built has the same PSU as the 1 in picture that mitsurugi posted

has the same PSU as the 1 in picture that mitsurugi posted
Is that a PC ATX PSU by chance? ;)

The point is 5.01 is too low, do whatever you like/use whatever you want... But you asked why its rebooting, 5.01v is too low/likely the reason.

Ok good sorry guys am just trying to make sure if there was any other issue if that’s the case I’ll do whatever it takes to get those voltages go up probably am going to try another PSU like the ones recommended am going to work on this PSU issue and then re evaluate

Ok so recheck my supergun focus in 5v power rail turned out the jamma hardness wires wore too thin so I re wired it re test and gain more power as shown in this 2 pictures 1 I try to run the multi kit and still resets I adjusted it to 5.15v still same issue then in voltage regulator now I can go up to 5.35v as shown in this 2 pictures

Attachments

• 072386CB-08A1-4EB9-8A6E-FE1225D924C4.jpeg
    072386CB-08A1-4EB9-8A6E-FE1225D924C4.jpeg
    741.5 KB · Views: 343
  • AB091893-2562-41ED-8B18-C1E7289CE1E9.jpeg
    AB091893-2562-41ED-8B18-C1E7289CE1E9.jpeg
    710.2 KB · Views: 330
Bump 5v up to around 5.1v. Cps2 can be a bit hungry.
thx for that tip, I was having a similar issue, where I hadn't used mine in a while and was getting solid blue screens and resets on various games. After bumping it up a bit, I had no issues with several different games I tested tonite :)

5.39V is too high. Is that the lowest voltage it is booting at?

Back