What's new

KOarcade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My friend was at Makai Cup over this weekend. He noticed that a hand few of multikits went down. Most experienced graphic issues ( black and white video) then they power cycled. This caused a black screen of nothing. LCD lists the games and shows what is currently loaded, however, when he goes to rewrite a game it freezes or holds on the last star before completing the writing process. He tested the supergun with a variety of boards which they all displayed fine. Which says it is not the supergun. Unfortunately, he is trying to centralize the issue. Has anyone else experienced some graphics issues and then only gotten a black screen? Is this the multikit or the cps2 Mobo issue? Video was being sent into a jrok 4.1 with bypass rgbs to a pvm via bnc connections. Pretty simple setup. Thanks in advance.

Very strange that multiple kits would fail at once. Not sure what to suggest. Have you already taken the main kit pcbs and swapped them onto the known working setups?

He is going to do that tonight and I will follow up. Very strange.

Let's see how it goes. That's very strange all kits failing at once, could be a surge issue or monitor issue.

So my buddy has been testing his A and B boards with other A and B boards that he knows work fine. Unfortunately, neither of his boards are working. He did get the Multikit to finally write a full game, however, there was still no video coming from the new cps2 mobo. Same goes for using a original B board game cart on his A board cps2 mobo. No bien. Any recommendations or suggestions? He used his supergun with his CPS3 multikit and it displays and works just fine. So obviously the supergun is working correctly.

Should he attempt the MvC rom to test it again? I understand this rom is unlocked.

If both A+B Boards went broken on several cabs, it looks like a surge issue to me.

In any case, as you are based in USA, you can ping @Mitsurugi-w. He'll have a look and repair it if possible for a small fee.

Back