What's new

raffy92

Student
Reaction score
IMG_1294.png

Hi everyone

I just received my multi CPS2 kit, I am very excited.
I tried to install it following all the youtube video and the information I could found but I have only a blue screen.

The B board is a revision 7, I removed the battery, shorten the EXC5 and EXC1 with a screwdriver for 60 s each (is it enough ?). Checked the jumpers,
added the PCBs as explained by Misturugi.
Formatted the mini sd card fat32 using windows 8.1 bootcamp from a Mac. I have downloaded to files zip CPS2 Roll-Up Base Pack and CPS2 Complete MAME add-on Pack.
I have used winrar to open CPS2 Roll-Up Base Pack and add the file to the sd card, a file games is created. I though it was fine, I have then introduced the sd card in the board, plug the B-board to the A-board and run everything and a blue screen appeared on the screen. The LCD screen shows the games, I can change the game, there the progression, when it's done a message appeared : "all done ! have fun " still the blue screen was remained.
I though then that something was probably not well plugged so I removed every things . Short the EXC5 and EXC1 with a screwdriver again, because I have seen that sometimes the pub is not well suicide.
I reassembled everything, change the SD card to a sandisk formatted fat32, install the roms, insert the card, plug and switch on the supergun and same thing, blue screen

I need help please, If anybody has any suggestion please tell me

Attachments

• IMG_1297.png
    IMG_1297.png
    796 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1298.png
    IMG_1298.png
    746.7 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1301.png
    IMG_1301.png
    756.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1300.png
    IMG_1300.png
    878.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1299.png
    IMG_1299.png
    789.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1295.png
    IMG_1295.png
    928.7 KB · Views: 247
Try to use a PC to format your sd card and also short exc5 again after that... also , check the @xodaraP's theard and then maybe you'll make it to work

MVC unlocked worked thank you very much Mitsurugi, thank you also to AlxUnderbase and ShootTheCore

If I understand right I have to improve my soldering skills, get a 4 pin harness and solder the 4 wires (everythings is described in the video, should be fine). I will go to Akiba and see If I can found it. Or get the old roms add it in the fat32 sd card and use it ?

Thank you again this is so great !
IMG_1304.jpg

Thank you again it is so great

MVC unlocked worked thank you very much Mitsurugi, thank you also to AlxUnderbase and ShootTheCore

If I understand right I have to improve my soldering skills, get a 4 pin harness and solder the 4 wires (everythings is described in the video, should be fine). I will go to Akiba and see If I can found it. Or get the old roms add it in the fat32 sd card and use it ?

Thank you again this is so great !
IMG_1304.jpg

Thank you again it is so great
Yep, you have it right. The “old” decrypted ROMs are included in the latest Smokemonster Rollup Pack.
CPS2 Roll-Up Packs: All roms for the CPS2 kit

If you need help with the soldering, I'm only 15 mins or so from Akihabara by train

You are very close to Akihabara, so cool.
It is very kind, thank you. I will try on a training board and if I don t feel it, I will contact you. Thank you.
I am looking for an electronic shop at Akihabara which sales the JST NT and some flux. Can you recommend a shop ?
I went to mak Japan but they didn’t have some 6 pin JST and they didn’t want to cut a long one. Maybe at Beep there is something. G-front.

On the second floor of Radio City next to the station there's a place that sells many varieties of connectors. Don't recall if they have an exact match, but worth a look.

I forget what exactly I used for mine. I feel like I just ran individual wires I had laying around

Back