What's new

Samy83

Beginner
Reaction score
@Darksoft ...and now problem...I do not have sound ?!?...in menu, in games,..nothing!

I tried a dozen ROMs with the same result. But I have no problem with my original cartridges!

My config: japanese AES (first revision) with original BIOS.
The sound comes from the jack output on the front of the console and go to the SCART. Is there a relationship? I will try to get my hands on my "classic" SCART cable to test.

Except the sound, all seems to work properly but I have 2 "FAIL" in the cartridge "Diagnostic Menu"

zkOo437.png

Have you tried to update the menu or FW? I suspect you have a mismatched pair right now. The menu released the other day works on both the MVS and AES but the FW for AES and MVS is different. I don't think we have placed the latest FW anywhere to download yet. Let me check.

@Darksoft

Obviously that it shows an error in the Backup RAM, because.....the AES has no Backup RAM! :)

Newest menu has date from 24th of March. Is that showing in the section about from the menu?

If you don't see that date, please update to the one posted here, which works much better:

Darksoft's MultiAES. Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

After installing please delete the BUFF file. There should be one.

Let us know which version of Menu you have. Also let us know which serial number and revision of AES you have please.

VERY IMPORTANT!! THE FIRMWARE FROM AES IS NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE OF MVS. It's not like you will break anything but your cart will stop working until you update to the right one again, so don't touch it please.

Hello Gents,

My 2 cents here since I got my multi AES today !
I can confirm that I had lots of gfx bug and artifacts in game , all games, while using a debug bios on my NeoGeo
Since I restore my original BIOS, all gone.
So far didn't test my Unibios, need to send back to Razoola for update.

Quick one, does the Multi AES setting for region works ?
Cause even if I set to Japan, still white blood.
Should I use Unibios ?

Thank you, and congratulations for amazing work !!!

I can confirm that I had lots of gfx bug and artifacts in game , all games, while using a debug bios on my NeoGeo
which version of Unibios was that?

did you update the menu and delete BUFF file?

Region setting works well, with or without Unibios, so something else is going on.

Please post always the revision (if you can) and the approx. serial number of your console.

Thanks.

Obviously that it shows an error in the Backup RAM, because.....the AES has no Backup RAM! :)

Newest menu has date from 24th of March. Is that showing in the section about from the menu?

If you don't see that date, please update to the one posted here, which works much better:

Darksoft's MultiAES. Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

After installing please delete the BUFF file. There should be one.

Let us know which version of Menu you have. Also let us know which serial number and revision of AES you have please.

VERY IMPORTANT!! THE FIRMWARE FROM AES IS NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE OF MVS. It's not like you will break anything but your cart will stop working until you update to the right one again, so don't touch it please.
BUFF file deleted. Still no sound except with my original games.

Zj1oN8Y.png

QeYXA24.png

menu looks good let me check here in a similar board. That serial is very low so I think I know what might be going on here.

Hi,

First of all thank you for this great product !

I have some problems with games's options (difficulty level, time of a round, number of life, keys mapping).

Like Samy83, i use the last menu (24/03/2019) and the last Neo Geo Roll-Up Pack (there is 2 "Neo Geo Roll-Up BETA 3.1 2019-03-04.7z" file on MEGA... i got the 21H17 one).

When i play Metal Slug X, The number of life is set to "F" (?), all the keys (shoot / jump / ..) are on "A" for both players, difficulty level to easy.
When i play Garou MOTW, difficulty level set to 1 and only 1 round to win.
When i play FFS, i only have 5 sec for each round.

I tried deleting the BUFF file, but it did not change anything.

Whenever I restart a game (switching with "Start+Right/Left/Up", reseting or turn the power off/on), the options return to these strange values.

I'm using a debug bios like iori.

Firmware version : 0x03e4
Firmware build : 0x5603
Top file build : 0x6be3
Menu build date : Mar 24 2019
Menu build time : 11:24:13

Neo Geo's serial number : 135011 (with RGB Bypass Mod) / Japan one (Neo-0) with Pro-POW3

Further information :

I also had some graphics glitch in the main menu at first, but it does not seem to do it anymore.

The first start of the cartridge was done with the menu files os the SD card.

At the first flash, only the first game was OK (first slot only), then I had a black screen. I waited 5 minutes before restarting the console. Only the first game was flashed. I did not have the same problem after that (next 8 or 10 times).

Edit #1 :

HO WAIT.... I don't have those options problem when i set the type to "Normal Home Use" in the debug bios menu.
By default, the option is set to "Devel.Home Use"

I don't have those problems with original cartridge in Devel. Home Use.

Edit #2 :

I have some problems with "Devel. MVS" set in debug bios too (Multi-AES set to "AES" or "MVS") and when i set "Normal Home Use" in Debug Bios and "MVS" in Multi-AES.
I don't see bug only when it is "Normal Home Use" in Debug Bios and "AES" in Mutli-AES.

Last edited:
I just edited my previous post :

I don't have those options problem when i set the type to "Normal Home Use" in the debug bios menu.
By default, the option is set to "Devel.Home Use".

I don't have those problems with original cartridge in Devel. Home Use.

Edit : I have to set "Normal Home Use" in the Debug Bios AND "AES" in the Multi-AES so that everything is OK.

Last edited:
we'll have a look but as you can read in the description of this homebrew BIOS:
This bios kit is intended for use with the AES (home cartridge system).

For now please use it as @DoubleM described. In Normal Home use and AES mode.

We'll have a look at it to understand what is really going on here.

It looks like that Debug Bios was created loooong ago, even before Unibios.

read here : neotropolis.net/33401.html

(*Samurai Showdown 5 Special owners will most likey opt for the Uni-Bios 2.2 since it unlocks the fatalites, now on par with it's MVS (Arcade) counterpart)

UniBios 2.2!!

I got information from other users.

The Debug bios is an ancestor/rival of the unibios (2000 - 2009 I would say) so it's an earlier version, and it's not compatible with all games, and that what it's causing bug and crash

We are not going to support this BIOS as it's old, buggy and discontinued. Please install a UNIBIOS or an original BIOS.

I have the exact same problem as Samy83 : low serial 5V NeoGeo (sn = 24586), no sound at all. This console has a Unibios 4.0 and works perfectly with original games, and MVS games through a Phantom-1 MVS converter.

I tried with 2 multi AES carts, both with last menu update.
Those 2 Multi AES carts works pperfectly on another AES console I have (10V, higher serial).

Back