What's new
Sent PM to @Mitsurugi-w.

Thanks,
Ash
@Ashman9999 I accidentally had the same problem as you mentioned. The issue was that the cart was still updating in black screen when I power cycled. Did you check that the files were actually removed from the microSD? If you haven't sent it back to mitsurugi make sure that you leave the cart completely update for 30 seconds. It should reset normally when it's finished.

Everything I read said 20 seconds. I waited 30 seconds with no signs of anything. No files removed themselves or showed anything happening.

Thanks,
Ash

It may have taken longer if card was not the best or you were updating everything at once. Also from my experience, sometimes it looks like it's 30 seconds but was less.

Was the cart already shipped?

I just created an account to first get some help with my new setup, but now that I've got it working I'd just like to share my experience in case it helps someone.

My AES (v.6) arrived yesterday, and I already had the Multi AES in hand, so I set everything up and got garbled graphics and loud static sound. Not my ideal turnout for an investment like this. At first I thought that my 4k tv didn't support the 240p signal (though in hindsight it probably wouldn't display anything on that input) so I used a CRT with composite. Nope, same result. I tried different SD cards, no difference. Cleaned the cart slot, no difference. Nothing worked.

So I read this thread multiple times last night in search of answers, and extracted a couple of things from everyone:

- This multicart requires a higher-amperage power adapter than the stock one (somehow missed that completely before purchasing).
- The firmware on my cart shipped up-to-date, but perhaps I need to update the menu on the SD card.

Luckily I had a 9V 2A (center -) adapter from another project, so I plugged that in, and suddenly I got better picture and actual sound, albeit a bit rough and distorted. I copied the latest menu files on the SD card and allowed the cart to update, and the glitches were gone. Unfortunately, no matter which games or settings I tried, NO GAMES would load - I would just get a blue screen. After some sleep I noticed the issue: turns out somehow I had put the wrong ROMs (MAME versions?) on the SD card, and not the rollup pack with FPGA files.

TL;DR:

Thanks to everyone involved in this project - playing and owning a Neo Geo is a big deal to me. I am sure in time it will be continually polished and hopefully piss some people off even more (competition is great). Lessons learned:

1. Don't try to troubleshoot this late at night.
2. Even if you know you've d/led the ROM pack, double-check that you copied the correct ones to the SD card.
3. Use a power adapter of the correct voltage and at least 2 amps (depending).
4. Copy the latest menu to \update\menu and let the system program for 1 minute or until done.
5. RTFM if you (like me) are unfamiliar with Neo Geo stuff.

Is there a fix in the works for the sound issues that occur with most games?

My multi-cart works fine and I can play the games without graphical issues. They all begin with normal sound but approximately 10-15 minutes into a game, I either lose all sound or lose the music soundtrack and only have sound effects. It doesn't come back until I begin a new stage/level/round then the sound comes back fine. It's like the soundtracks only play through once and the cart doesn't restart the soundtrack if you're in a level too long.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Is there a fix in the works for the sound issues that occur with most games?

My multi-cart works fine and I can play the games without graphical issues. They all begin with normal sound but approximately 10-15 minutes into a game, I either lose all sound or lose the music soundtrack and only have sound effects. It doesn't come back until I begin a new stage/level/round then the sound comes back fine. It's like the soundtracks only play through once and the cart doesn't restart the soundtrack if you're in a level too long.

Is anyone else having this issue?
yes, more people have this issue and were working right now on a fix. Its complicated to troubleshoot as it happens every long while and in different places, but we'll get it fixed.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but Strikers 1945 Plus will exhibit the sound issue consistently once you reach the boss.

With that, I'm also getting an issue that ShootTheCore mentioned:

"3) I’ve had the cart hang twice on a black screen while programming after I’ve swapped the games in all three slots. After power-cycling the console, the menu says the games are assigned to the slots but the games then boot up with corrupted graphics. Going back into the menu and reassigning the same games to different slots so that they get reprogrammed again resolves the problem."

My current work around is to use only slot 1.

Thanks for feedback. We know already about it and it's in our list.

Just wanted to post a quick update. I purchased a 3.5A 9V adapter from Digikey (https://www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=WSU090-3500-R&v=237), and everything is smooth so far. My picture even greatly improved using only composite - the jailbars that were present using the old adapter are now gone. Very happy so far. I'll try to test Strikers 1945 and see if I have the same issue.

HI,

I just bought Multi AES.. initally was booted up but stated no games detected.. but i tried to meddle around it booted up with distort screen and sound.. and now blue screen.. Please tell me i did not screw up on this Multi AES.. desperately need help..

Need step by step guidiance..

Inside my SD Card contain 4 files..
games(inside games folder contain MENU and rom folders downloaded from https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...up-pack-all-roms-for-the-mvs-aes-multis.5059/) inside MENU folde contain cpld, flash and top file
update (inside crom0,m1rom,prom,srom and vroma0)
REGION file
Revision File

Please advice..

HI,

I just bought Multi AES.. initally was booted up but stated no games detected.. but i tried to meddle around it booted up with distort screen and sound.. and now blue screen.. Please tell me i did not screw up on this Multi AES.. desperately need help..

Need step by step guidiance..

Inside my SD Card contain 4 files..
games(inside games folder contain MENU and rom folders downloaded from https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...up-pack-all-roms-for-the-mvs-aes-multis.5059/) inside MENU folde contain cpld, flash and top file
update (inside crom0,m1rom,prom,srom and vroma0)
REGION file
Revision File

Please advice..
Using unpowered AC adaptor will cause this too?

My aes was tested and working ok with a regular cart when i bought last month. My original AC adaptor is not working. Ordered 1 from Retro Game Supply but still otw.. (Pow3)

If you are talking about updating... I believe I had updated more than twice.. but still blue screen...

Please tell me i did not fry my AES Multi Cart (T.T)

I am using this adaptor : https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/LJH-186...ith-3-5x1-35mm-Tip-EU-2-PIN-New-/163408220959

Back