What's new
First, I removed BUFF, REGION, SLOT 1, SLOT 2 and SLOT 3 from the sd card then I insert the sd card in the multi then switch on the AES. It starts normally I selected one game for the slot 1, and quit ,the game starts, some bugs graphic appeared so I pushed reset and the game restarts this time no problem, I played a little bit, no problem.
I went back to the menu by pushing up and start, the game was assigned to the slot 1, I went to the game selection menu and select another game for the slot 1, remove the previous game and select the new one. I quit then, a black screen followed by "please wait" was written, then black screen and after 10 minutes still black screen.
I tried the same thing on the slot 2: first remove BUFF, REGION, and SLOT 1 from the sd card then I insert the sd card in the multi etc.. and the result was the same.
Also I tried with the slot 3 but on the slot 3, I even could not add any game the first time, I tried 2 times .

I finally could install a game on the slot3, this game was different to my first two attempts.
I tried again to remove it and add another game, quit, then same thing again: "please wait" black screen and nothing move. I switched the console off, wait for 10 minutes and switch on again it starts with some bug graphic. in the menu the previous game was still installed I tried to start it, the introduction NEOGEO with the music starts but not the game, always the introduction NEOGEO is repeating. Impossible to even start the previous game. I had to switch off the console and wait 10 minutes.
I switched on again the system now starts without bug in the menu but I still cannot start the game located on the slot 3 the introduction started and repeat, this time I have graphical bugs on the NEOGEO introduction .

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 140
Can you show us which PSU do you have? Also please post which exact version of Firmware and menu the menu says that you have installed.

Thanks.

Yes, on the two attached pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 147
I am living in Japan and the voltage is 100v. The PSU from retrogamesupply has a range from 110 - 230v. Is fine ? I am not sure

I'm sure that in Japan you have lots of places where you can buy a proper PSU. Just remember that in the connector, the center is Negative Pole (they are called negative center) on the AES and make sure you have i.e. 2 Amps in the 11V output.

Although it's best practice to use a better PSU with this due to the extra power consumption I don't think it'll solve the current problem, at least for me it hasn't. I have the Triad WSX050-4000-R which has 5v 4 mA for my AES 3-4 and still have these issues.

Oddly for around a week or so last week I was able to write games about 6-8 times in a row with no issues, somehow it managed to "fix" itself despite me changing nothing in my setup, now it's back to failing to write on the 2nd or 3rd time of flashing so i'm back to having to power down the AES for 10 minutes before trying again.

This is strange.
I am looking for the psu, apparently in Japan the standard are 9v or 12v for output. 9v might be ok but I am continuing my search

I think that 9V with 2.5 Amps would be OK. Remember that it's center negative.

Ok I will buy this I think, but there another parameter ; the « VA »? On the original ac adapter it was : IN : AC 100V 50/60 Hz 19VA. What means this 19VA ?

Yes of course. You need a PSU that outputs 2.5Amps @ 9V or what is the same outputs 9V an about 22Watts.

Hello!
I having some problems here, can anyone help me?

The sound disappears when I'm playing, I think it's not with specific games, because practically it has happened to everything I've played - Aero Fighters 2 and 3, Metal Slug 2, KOF 97, Last Resort, Pulstar... etc...

I tried to use only one slot, then recorded each one separately, but the problem persists.

I am using the latest rompack, firmware and menu, my PSU is the original POW3 10V 1000mah.

we're preparing a new firmware that will hopefully fix it. It will be released soon.
Nice.
So, that's not a problem with my psu or multicart. It's a firmware bug, correct?

thx

Back