What's new
Unless Darksoft confirms it's fine to downgrade the top file then obviously do it at your own risk, I haven't noticed any issues though.
Yes, that's the best you can do now and it's safe. What about the region issue? It's still happening downgrading the top file?

Not sure about the region issue as I tend to leave mine set to Euro AES 99% of the time & just use the unibios or softdips to add any censored content.

The only time I switch regions is with Matrimelee so I get the Japanese soundtrack, I tend to do that with the unibios out of habit but I can confirm the Menu of the Multi AES does reset my system back to Euro AES if I power the system off or boot back to the menu.

I can check later tonight when i'm back unless someone can confirm in the meantime.

So you're saying it was working back then with those carts, but not now? If so, you're down to needing to do multimeter tests of each trace to cart lead.
Now also working with those cart BUT not with AES Multi Cart

Unless Darksoft confirms it's fine to downgrade the top file then obviously do it at your own risk, I haven't noticed any issues though.
Yes, that's the best you can do now and it's safe. What about the region issue? It's still happening downgrading the top file?
Confirmed that the top file from R989 fixes line glitches.

Region issue still is there... Nam1975 works as expected (no japan only spashscreen, english text). SamSho1 has japan spash screen, but then plays the right intro screen (not samurai spirits). The Last Blade 2 is all in japanese.

I am running a sound test on NAM1975 to see if the sound problem is still solved.

Matt

Glad to hear that sorted out the line issues :thumbup:

Certain titles on original carts will display the Japan Only warning screen when using a Japanese AES or a bios set to Japan region, iirc Samurai Shodown & FF Special are 2 of them.

I tried setting the region to Japan AES via the Cart Menu & haven't had any problems with Samurai Shodown or FF Special showing as Samurai Spirits or Garou Densetsu Special.

Haven't had any issues with The Last Blade 2 displaying the correct region either if I set it to Europe or USA, I do also have a uni-bios installed so I don't know if that has any effect compared to anyone on a stock bios.

One thing I did notice when testing the above games was when setting the region to Japan AES via the cart menu (I've always left it on Euro AES & use the uni-bios in game if I want to switch region ) then turned my console off I would get the unibios error splash screen when powering back on.

It looks like my uni-bios is still set to Japan but the Cart Menu is set to Euro AES, it also resets my Menu settings.

Thanks @Pharfetchd - that was my question about the Japan splash page - as SamSho1 and FFSpecial seemed to work approprately.

I haven't tried a ton of other games - but I do know that The Last Blade 2 isn't working for region select - it's always Japanese - and I have a japanese BIOS (no unibios).

Matt

Let us know your feedback, now that the sound issue is fixed, there is not much more left to fix.

Thanks @Pharfetchd - that was my question about the Japan splash page - as SamSho1 and FFSpecial seemed to work approprately.
Sorry, i'd mis-read your original post, I thought you meant it was set to Japanese but showing the English version after the warning screen, in that case you shouldn't be getting the warning if it's set to Europe or USA, very odd.

Hi @Pharfetchd - messed around a bit more - and yes, there is a menu option for English - but the entire game isn't in english. Again - not sure if this is expected behaviour or not.

Matt

Yes.... if I select AES/USA from the menu - and go into the game, i get the japan spashscreen, and the game is in japanese... if I go to the menu and select english - some of the content (main menu, etc) is in english - but a lot of it is still in japanese.

I don't know if this expected behaviour.

Matt

If it's set to English correctly it should have the english title screen, english text on the intro, english for the two fighting styles of power & speed as well as english win quotes.

The only Japanese text I can recall seeing on The Last Blade 2 is on the versus screen before a fight with the character names.

If you have the cart set to AES/USA then it should still default to English without having to change the language in the game options.

Ok - then it looks there is still a bit of a challenge with region selection...

I reinstalled everything and I do not have this message anymoreBy cons I still sizzle that I did not have before the update.

I specify that with original games, I do not have this problem

I made the last update however the image sizzles again as on these images.When I go back with the firmware 20181127_r989_AES I have no sound( z80 error un menu configuration) .I formatted, reinstalled, I have the same results.
( i test with original AES, i have no problem)

Last edited:
Region select is a problem that needs work. Now that the sound issue is fixed there will be more time to work on the other last bugs.

Good evening, does anybody has a suggestion for my problem? Still I can’t change the game on the cartridge

Back