What's new
Hello everyone,
I am back with a new PSU 9V 2A, center negative, and it did nt resolve the problem. I first tried the first time with the old firmware and menu, with one game remained on the last slot. I tried to add to games in the two first slot and change the 3rd one. It works ! then I played a little bit with the games and decided to change the three slot again but I couldn't still I was not able to change the games I tried to install the new menu and firmware but there I could even not add any game even for the first time. I went back to the old version and same thing I even cannot install one game even the first time.

I have no idea what to do now
Take into consideration that Menu and Firmware go together. You can't mix them.

I replaced the top file from the latest firmware with the one from 20181127_r989_AES, that fixed my problem with the lines.
To fix your problem upgrade to latest menu and firmware but use the top file from 20181127_r989_AES as @Pharfetchd did. That should fix it.

If it doesn't then until we release a new Firmware, you need to do the following: before assigning a game to a slot, first DELETE IT, using the B butoon.

Let us know how it works for you.

So you're saying it was working back then with those carts, but not now? If so, you're down to needing to do multimeter tests of each trace to cart lead.
Now also working with those cart BUT not with AES Multi Cart
Now is on its way to highscoresaves. Let's hope it's just a bad microSD and nothing got broken because of wrong PSU:AES Multi Cart Troubleshooting and help
I dont think is the PSU.. The more i think is more to software issues...

There are 3 files in the version 1075 :cpld/flash/top

In what order should it proceed to update

The problem with the sound didn't happen here anymore. thx :)
But now I'm having trouble putting the games into the slots...

Sometimes after assign a game to any slot and exiting the menu, the system gets a black screen and does not work again, only if I turn off and on the vide-game.
When this happens, I have to remove the games from all slots (b button) for the cartridge work again... Sometimes this does not work too and I have to turn on the console without the microSD, turn off, turn on and then reattach.
It's a bug? Or i'm doing something wrong?

I'm using the 20190829_r1075.zip firmware and menu_20190713.7z menu.

This is a bug as we changed many things from a structural point of view in the last release. What you need to do for now is to "delete" a slot before assigning a game to it. That should do the trick. Let us know how it goes.

Hi Guys,

I am still getting white screen. I had sent the AES back to darksoft and it was tested ok the cart is working. But now I am still getting white screen.

Inside my SD card got 2 folders "Games" and "update"

Inside games got 2 folders "MENU"(with cpld, flash and top) and "rom folders" (with games inside)

Please advice ppl...

The root of your SD Card should look like this

Untitled3.jpg

The update folder should look like this
Untitled.jpg

And the menu folder within the update folder should have these files
Untitled2.jpg

That should update your cart & menu, if that doesn't work then I don't know what else to suggest.

Hi Guys,

I am still getting white screen. I had sent the AES back to darksoft and it was tested ok the cart is working. But now I am still getting white screen.

Inside my SD card got 2 folders "Games" and "update"

Inside games got 2 folders "MENU"(with cpld, flash and top) and "rom folders" (with games inside)

Please advice ppl...
I already told you that this structure that you have from files is wrong. please follow what @Pharfetchd just posted.

The root of your SD Card should look like this

Untitled3.jpg

The update folder should look like this
Untitled.jpg

And the menu folder within the update folder should have these files
Untitled2.jpg

That should update your cart & menu, if that doesn't work then I don't know what else to suggest.
Hi Pharfetchd,

Thanks for the guidance.. I had the cart up and running.. still exploring though..

May I know Is the firmware and menu the latest version?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    686.3 KB · Views: 166
Glad you got it working, yes I believe that is the latest version of both the menu & firmware, it matches what I have on my cart anyway.
Thanks~

Moments ago my game selection screen was "hanged"... it was kind of random.. hope in the near future updates will provide more stability in terms of graphics and audio..

sorry to ask, did any of your all encounter Neo Geo AES console with sound issue? distorted sound.. not the AES Multi Cart though but with my normal regular cart too...

sorry to ask, did any of your all encounter Neo Geo AES console with sound issue? distorted sound.. not the AES Multi Cart though but with my normal regular cart too...
I have and in most cases it was a dirty connector.

Sometimes after assign a game to any slot and exiting the menu, the system gets a black screen and does not work again, only if I turn off and on the vide-game.
When this happens, I have to remove the games from all slots (b button) for the cartridge work again...
I'm using the 20190829_r1075.zip firmware and menu_20190713.7z menu.
@gabpessoa, @Pharfetchd can you please try this firmware attached and the current menu: menu_20190713.7z

This should fix the issue of cartridge hanging from time to time when programmin several slots.

Remember to rename the file to flash.img and then update.

Attachments

• FW2.5.10_r1081.zip
    77.6 KB · Views: 280
@Darksoft, i tried the FW2.5.10_r1081.zip with the menu_20190713.7z and now i'm getting no sound in menu and in game. If I try to change the sound in the menu, i'm gettin Z80 error.

The game swap is working, but sometimes the system freezes...

I rolled back to the 20190829_r1075 firm

Back