What's new
Some issues I've had

1. Music can occasionally stop ingame
2. Altering ingame settings in the menu (difficulty, lives, timer etc) don't work, and always boots up the default settings
3. When exiting the menu to boot a game. Slot 1 always automatically boots up, which is frustrating when you want to load a game from slot 2 or 3. Meaning you have to hold Up+Start ingame before being allowed to switch.

@Fargon, @Yagamisan
1. which tune are you playing in the menu?
2. Menu settings are saved in the new menu. Game settings saving aren't supported yet.
3. We don't plan to change that for now and you are the first to ask for it. Btw, to change slot is START+Left or START+Right.

Got mine today, sound also does not work. My Neo Geo serial is 036027 (just FYI I know you are working on it)

Got mine today as well. I have a high serial # AES though... On some games (didn't have a lot of time to try) mslugx and mslug3 have pcm playback issues (sounds like it's clipping from too much gain).

Mslug doesn't have this issue. Not sure what to make of it, yet. Will report more once I get more time to investigate.

Last edited:
@LHantz, @komadori the serial# is not the important thing. I need to know your AES Board revision. No sound happens on NEO-AES revision.

Revision is silk screened in the PCB. Looks like you can see if from the cart port by looking at the PCB on the far right. If you can't, you'd need to open the case.
It should say something like NEO-AES or NEO-AES 3-3 or NEO-AES 3-6.

About PCM playback issues, which tune are you playing on the menu?

I cannot see the revision no from the Cart slot but I can see the daughterboard, so from the info looked at I would say mine is a first revision - NEO-AES (with daughterboard)

If worst comes to worst then I'll open it, but I like to keep it 'unopened' thanks.

-Can just see it from the Cart slot, it is NEO-AES revision

Last edited:
Mine's a 3-6 revision.

And it's not necessarily tunes. But the "Mission 1 Start" for example.

But now that I wanted to verify it, the samples sound clean.

I have a "dual bios" setup here. (i.e. I can switch between the original and unibios (atm it's 3.2)). Usually I run unibios. Did for these tests.

Not sure why it happened earlier and doesn't now. Didn't change anything besides having had the system off of an hour.

Edit: replicated it with ultimate 11. Reseated the cart and it was gone. So my Hope is, that it was just a bad contact.

Last edited:
Some issues I've had

1. Music can occasionally stop ingame
2. Altering ingame settings in the menu (difficulty, lives, timer etc) don't work, and always boots up the default settings
3. When exiting the menu to boot a game. Slot 1 always automatically boots up, which is frustrating when you want to load a game from slot 2 or 3. Meaning you have to hold Up+Start ingame before being allowed to switch.
Why hold up and start to return to the menu when you can just hold left or right and start to switch games?

@Fargon, @Yagamisan
It's not in the menu Darksoft.

It happens ingame randomly but not all the time.

Sometime the music and sound just stop, for exemple in kof95 in the middle of a fight it stop and when i finish the fight the music and sound became again normal.

Got this issue with kof 95 and Magical Drop 2 if i remember correctly.

But like i said in my previous reply its not with aes multi it's with the multi mvs, should i post this in the multi mvs thread?

@Fargon, @Yagamisan

2. The settings saving is fixed with new menu that will be released soon.
3. We don't plan to change that for now and you are the first to ask for it.
sorry. I meant menu settings which are saved in new menu that we are testing.

Softdip Game settings will probably be added in the future but currently is not supported.

Hi everyone and thanks Darksoft for this nice multi cart.
I only tested a few roms so far and only encountered one issue with big tournament golf/Neo turf masters. There are graphical glitches in the background. I’ll try to post a picture.
I have a 3-3 board rev.

Hi everyone and thanks Darksoft for this nice multi cart.
I only tested a few roms so far and only encountered one issue with big tournament golf/Neo turf masters. There are graphical glitches in the background. I’ll try to post a picture.
I have a 3-3 board rev.
OK. We'll have a look. Did you try to reproduce the error? Did it happen only once?

Edit: replicated it with ultimate 11. Reseated the cart and it was gone. So my Hope is, that it was just a bad contact.
3-6 is the unit that I normally use for tests and it works well there. It was most probably a bad contact.

Btw how many amps is delivering your PSU??
See mine attached.
NEOGEO AES 3-6 PSU.jpeg

Ok - just got my cart! On to the troubleshooting.

I put the menu files on there - and then I just put games/samsho on the card.

I fire it up - and the screen goes pretty crazy for a while (my MVS doesn't do this) and finally the cart starts to boot - checking filesystem, initializing filesystem, checking game -> and then all over again with checking, etc.

It never actually drops into the menu? I will try another SD card (this one is a samsung evo 32GB - kind of my standard now).

Update: tried another SD card - same thing....

ideas?

Matt

Last edited:
Same version I have. Where did you put the menu files? Should be in a folder called menu inside of the folder called updates.

Same version I have. Where did you put the menu files? Should be in a folder called menu inside of the folder called updates.
Yup - that process works and it moves the files from /updates/menu over to /games/MENU.

After that - it stays in the loop i described - I can throw a video up if needed.

So I figured I would take some video - and fired it up again - and not sure why (I didn't do anything different) - this time it broke out of the loop after the second time and went into the menu! It seems as if somehow the "initializing filesystem" just wasn't taking somehow...

But it's all good. I noticed some graphical glitches in Samurai Showdown and Pulstar - I think Darksoft said they were aware of those issues...

But I am basically in business! I know @Darksoft will get through all the bugs and issues - more than happy to troubleshoot!

Immensely glad I have this to add to my collection!

Matt

Back