What's new
I tried the new update, the image have the same problems above, i go back 20190829_r1075 firmware
Exact same issues, as last time I've kept the new cpld & flash files but downgraded the top file to the previous one and everything is ok

hank you for your advice now he no longer have this problem.However, does the top file have a function in this update?

@Pharfetchd so if I understood you correctly. You had still some GFX issue but using the newest flash.img and CPLD file combined with the previous TOP file, fixed it for you. Is that right?

Which console do you have?

@citroevo Is that also what happened to you? Please remind me which model do you have.

Yes, newest CPLD & flash.img combined with the TOP file from the previous firmware.

The model I have is an AES 3-4 revision with Uni-Bios 4.0 & a Triad WSX050-4000-R PSU 5v 4000mA

@Pharfetchd so if I understood you correctly. You had still some GFX issue but using the newest flash.img and CPLD file combined with the previous TOP file, fixed it for you. Is that right?

@citroevo Is that also what happened to you? Please remind me which model do you have.
I had gfx issue but using the newest flash.img and CPLD file combined with the previous TOP file, fixed it for me.
I have a 3.5 with unibios 4.0

Last edited:
I have small graphical line glitches in most games... sound is good though.

I am using stock BIOS.

I must have missed that - no, I am using everything from the R1108 zip file - should I use an older TOP file?

Updated with the latest FW and Menu and it works solid, thanks.

However, I have an AES first revision NEO-AES and I get small graphical glitches in SOME games, not all, they look like dots or specs, which appear usually near the top of the screen, on Alpha Mission 2, there is a whole line of specs next to the logo on the title screen, unfortunately my camera struggles to pick this up, further speckles in gameplay, in a line going down. Another game that has glitches is NAM 75.

Could you look into this? Other than that the Cart is great, just a shame this persists for first revision owners.

Who else posted about the dot or specs on NEO-AES revision?

I plan to work during the weekend on a new version that will fix a couple more of things.

Stay tuned.

Just want to clear something up. When you're updating the menu. Do you put the menu folder into the update folder, or just the files within it?

Put the menu update files into update/menu and the FW into update (3 files) do both at same time if req.

Hi,

I updated to the last Firmware and since, I also have small glitches and/or lines on some games.
For exemple, there are small lines on the SNK logo in Garou and a few glitches during gameplay.

I have an early NEO-0 model (SN 018051), stock BIOS and stock power supply.

I had gfx issue but using the newest flash.img and CPLD file combined with the previous TOP file, fixed it for me.I have a 3.5 with unibios 4.0
For you samy83;)

I had gfx issue but using the newest flash.img and CPLD file combined with the previous TOP file, fixed it for me.I have a 3.5 with unibios 4.0
For you samy83;-
Thanks Citroevo but it didn't work :(
Difficult to take a picture because lines are moving fast but here is what I have on screen :
20191122-210310.jpg
">

I’m posting here to avoid diverting the other thread about the firmware. I don’t have sound with the new update. As suggested by Darksoft, I’ve changed the PSU (which now works fine with original games and it seems more stable, no more z80 errors): it looks like the menu was updated properly but not the firmware revision which is stuck at 03e4 (every files in the update folder were deleted except flash.img which is left on the sd), and there is no sound. Any idea why the firmware won’t update?

My Neo geo is 3.4 with unibios 4.0.

Last edited:
Are you sure that you're copying the file into /update folder and that the FW is called "flash.img"?

Try the CPLD file from previous update and let us know if that fixes the sound issue. Also, please update your profile with your approx. location.

Back