What's new
Does « stupide Dufus » is using the multi aes ?
I am not. I have most home consoles from the '80s onward, but I've never invested in a Neo Geo.

I don't think Japan Post is shipping by air yet (even though we can receive... wtf?). But a friend told me he was able to send something via Kuroneko Yamato.

Darksoft, do you think that it could help to understand the problem if I could make a video of my set up and show you the screen etc ...

Of course it will help, please upload the video somewhere on the net and share the link. The more details the better.

I don't know of anyone in Japan using, as I'm not selling them and there is data protection, etc.

Hi, I'm having trouble with flickering lines, in about 70% of games using this cart, I get them scrolling through menus, and randomly all over the screen in games, doesn't happen with original carts.

I've tried my POW3 PSU and a new 9V 2A one, makes no difference, I also get corrupted graphics when resetting after an hour or so playing, using latest firmware.

Some games when in the game configuration, completely lock up the machine.

My rev is 3-6 with no mods.

Here is a private video showing the menu, it also makes my OSSC lose sync.

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/--H4eddMEzI

Last edited:
Your videos shows an issue that we are working on and that it's a known issue with the menu.

What about the problem with the games? I also have a 3-6 as my usual AES and it works flawless there. Do you have a UNIBIOS?

Your videos shows an issue that we are working on and that it's a known issue with the menu.

What about the problem with the games? I also have a 3-6 as my usual AES and it works flawless there. Do you have a UNIBIOS?
No Unibios, here you go, this is what I get, not all games do this, I'd say 60-70% do.

That's weird. I got that with 2-3 games. Are you able to test the AES without the OSSC to discard this as the source of the problem?

There is no way for me to test without, but tbh it doesn't do it with original carts (I tested my OG FF Special) and it has the lines on the Darksoft, but not on the cart.

If i were a betting man, I'd say it was linked to those lines on the menu, too coincidental.

When you come up with a fix for the menu, I'd be happy to test it out first, to see if it does clear it up.

If i were a betting man, I'd say it was linked to those lines on the menu, too coincidental.
It has nothing to do. One is related to the code of the menu that handles the Vblank, the other is related to the synthesis of the FPGA.

Well for whatever reason it doesn't happen on all games, and they differ in severity too.

http://imgbox.com/w1C0kyI1

http://imgbox.com/JrZs0N00

Yeah POW3 is original, I bought the 2a one the other day, as I thought it might fix it.
The original one is clearly not enough to provide all power the multi needs.

The second looks good on the book, but I'd like to see which kind of power is it actually delivering.

We have a specific thread with PSU guidelilnes. Have a look at it: Choosing the right AES PSU

Do you know someone close to you with another multi that could test your cart with his PSU?

I've now tested 4 PSU's in total, original, new one, PC Engine 9V 1.5a, and a Megadrive one which is 9V 3a.

I've noticed that if I load up a game, say Real Bout Special or RB2 it'll be fine, but if I use a hotkey swap, and then go back to Real Bout, the lines appear, and if I power off and on, it'll go back to being ok until I swap, but something like Robo Army will always have lines regardless.

which TOP file are you using? Go to menu and tell me the info that shows the About section.

Hello everyone,

I just decide today to try my Darksoft Multi AES received few weeks ago.
When I turn my Neogeo on i've got this screen with bad noises.

I don' have any problem with other original games.
The SD card is inserted and formatted with a PC.
I take some pictures and I've made a video to show you what it does.

I'm uploading the video.

edit :

https://youtu.be/EnI7mjaIR78

If someone can help me ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back