What's new
@raffy92 I doubt that your cart is faulty and most probably is a problem with your PSU. Maybe I'm wrong, so I'm offering you the option to send it to me so I can have a look. If you are concerned about shipping costs, maybe some user here that is buying anything from Japan, or sending to Europe, could include your cart.

Thanks.
Thank you Darksoft, It is strange sometimes games can be loaded sometimes not. In one of the video I could load Samurai spirit but one week before I could not but blazing star yes.
Thank you by the offer Darksoft. I am not concern by the shipping cost, but more by the time it will take because the international shipping is not restarted yet in Japan even though we can receive stuff from abroad. I have to confirm it first with the post office and maybe consider private shipping method like kuroneko etc...
I got your cart and upgraded to latest FW. A pity that you didn't include your microSD so we could have discarded that as the issue. I tried with my microSD and I can confirm that I've been changing slots 20 times and not a single issue. Cart is working well.

Another option could be the UNIBIOS, but it's a long shot. I'll give it a go here.

I just tried for 2 hours more your cart with UINIBIOS 4.0 and it worked perfectly all the times. I installed the games that you had issues with and all is good.

I don't think the issue was a Firmware, we will find out when you receive the cart.

About the microSD, I also don't think that's the issue. I think that the problem is coming from the PSU. when you need more AMPS is when you write a game, so it makes sense that the menu freezes there if it doesn't get enough power.

Hi @Darksoft i have a new problem with the cart. After about 30 mins of play, if i power off and then on the console the cart doesn't boot and if i leave on and try to program another game he stucks. I have already trying to reinstall the firmware and the power supply is one from retrogamesupply
If i extract the cart and touch behind is hot, if I let it cool down for a couple of minutes it starts again perfectly. What can it be?

In most cases that's the problem. Think that the multi cart needs more power than a regular one.

Hey,

I have a new problem, everything work fine before with the latest firmware.

Yesterday, I added 3 new games in the slots but during loading the games in the slots the screen froze on my TV. I waited 10 min then I turned off and on my AES console with the cartridge but I had nothing on the screen. I removed the cartridge to verify that my AES console is working properly and I have the usual blue screen, no problem.
Strange... So I reformatted my card and added the firmware, the menu and a game pack. This time the console started with the cartridge. Then I added 3 games in the slots to test the loading and same problem: the screen freezes, after waiting a long time I turn off and turn on my console and I have nothing on the screen.

Can you help me please? @Darksoft

Thanks

Last edited:
hello all,

I am having an issue with the AES multi cart. The problem is when changing the region and /or system mode (aes/mvs) the cart keeps the stock Japanese bios setting. If I try to play some games on mvs mode the cart will not update the slots and I have to use my PC to view the file and delete the slots. I feel that my cart my be defective or I am using the wrong game folders. I am using the everdrive pack from archive.org for rom folders. After deleting the slot files I am able to load games to the slots. Some games hang up the slot process. There are also other issues but these are the ones I experienced most. Can any one shed some light on this subject? I am using a JPN AES with Pro PoW 3 AC adapter. The board revision is 3.6. System number 271697. I am using the 9 volt Triad international psu at the moment.

Last edited:
how many amps has that PSU? Picture please.

Are you writing the microsd from PC or Mac? Can you make an error check on the microsd?

Which Firmware and menu version do you have installed?

how many amps has that PSU? Picture please.

Are you writing the microsd from PC or Mac? Can you make an error check on the microsd?

Which Firmware and menu version do you have installed?
20200826_042218.jpg

Here is a picture of the PSU. FYI, I am in North America (USA) using a Japanese AES.

I am using PC to write the micro SD card. Windows 10.
20200826_043144.jpg

Here is an attempt to check the card for errors.
20200826_042035.jpg

Here is the about screen for the current micro SD card. Using a Sandisk Ultra 16 GB Micro sd card.

My menu does this from time to time
20200826_041933.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
If it does that from time to time, it's either a problem with the contacts or the cart. Maybe the PSU.

Do you have another setup or someone nearby that could help?

I have also this sometimes, usually just after doing a up+start command , it quits the game and this appeared to the menu

If it does that from time to time, it's either a problem with the contacts or the cart. Maybe the PSU.

Do you have another setup or someone nearby that could help? If the cart is the problem how will I get it fixed.
Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone near me that I could test it with.
This definitely looks like a dirty cart slot or loose connection. Does reseating the cart and rebooting usually fix this?
This usually occurs once I have exited a game by pressing and holding up and start. If I go into a game it goes away if I exit the game and come back to the menu, the menu appears as it should.

Can you guys in USA and Japan please post which PSU are you using ?

it looks to me like the polarity is wrong on your PSU....
is it possible for me to fix the polarity on the PSU? I purchased this PSU using the link provided by FirebrandX. The amperage is 2.5, is that enough amps?

Last edited:
Back