What's new
I got a 5V 3A plug but nothing happens when I turn on the Console. I have read something about changing the polarity? Do I need to cut the cable and wire it with the cable switched?

Or can I use a Mega Drive1 UK power adapter ?

The power adapter I use with my AES is rated 5v 1.5A DC and 9V 1.0A AC
fwiw I have a 3.6 board, pro-pow3 and my cart works fine (still testing though tbh) with the appropriate adapter from this seller in france.

@Darksoft, @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES:

My cart just arrived...

I am wondering about how to open the cartridge itself.

When I unboxed it, I could hear something rattling inside the shell of the cart... and I'm very concerned something may have broken off internally during transit.

I just want to check the inside before I try using it, and I don't want to accidentally break the case.

Thanks again for everything that you do!

Last edited:
@otterboxerI have ordered a Power adapter from the place you suggested last week, should be here soon. Your board is what the Cart was developed on, hence it being fine. My board is a first generation NEO AES version which does not play sound ATM. Sure it will be sorted soon

maybe is only a little plastic piece, can't be nothing else
@CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES, thanks for getting back to me. I figured as much, but just wanted to double check.

Now that I've gotten it up and running, it looks brilliant.

@Darksoft - like a few others here, I also have no audio with my console. NEO-AES revision (w/daughterboard); Stock American BIOS.

Thank you both!

My cart arrived today and I spent a few hours playing various games with it. For the most part it works well, but I have experienced the following glitches:

1) The intro music is silent on every game. Sometimes the Neo Geo boot jingle is silent as well. The music and sound effects both play fine once the game starts though. Neither soft nor hard resetting makes any difference. Changing between MVS and AES modes in the menu makes no difference.

2) The SoftDIP settings get scrambled to random values every time I change games. I’m in the habit now of always soft resetting, going into the SoftDIP settings and resetting to defaults every time I change games.

3) I’ve had the cart hang twice on a black screen while programming after I’ve swapped the games in all three slots. After power-cycling the console, the menu says the games are assigned to the slots but the games then boot up with corrupted graphics. Going back into the menu and reassigning the same games to different slots so that they get reprogrammed again resolves the problem.

4) Three times, I’ve had the music “decay” and either start screeching or stop working after playing the same game for over half an hour. Soft resetting the console resolves the problem.

My AES is a Revision 3-4 with UniBIOS 3.3. I’m using the stock AC adapter. I’m also using a NeoSaveMasta memory card.

The cart is running the default firmware, April 1 menu, and the latest SmokeMonster game set.

I’m sure it’ll all be sorted out eventually- just doing my part to report what I experience.

Last edited:
Loving the multicart guys , Just want to share a small issue don’t know if anyone else has experienced these faults , I had a problem yesterday while playing Robo Army ,Sound stops halfway through the 1st stage then came back in the 2nd stage , Robo Army earlier revision seems to be fine played until halfway through stage 2 no problems,Also similar fault on Aero fighters 3 stage 1 no sound from 1st boss onwards , I have unibios 3.2 fitted .

@ShootTheCore thanks for feedback.

We believe that the reason for 1) and 4) is the same and we are investigating it.
2) Softdip saving for MVS is not supported.
3) if you have the latest firmware that shouldn't happen

@Paul79 your problem is the same one that @ShootTheCore described in point #4. We're looking into it and we'll post here as soon as we have a new firmware update.

@ShootTheCore thanks for feedback.

We believe that the reason for 1) and 4) is the same and we are investigating it.
2) Softdip saving for MVS is not supported.
3) if you have the latest firmware that shouldn't happen

@Paul79 your problem is the same one that @ShootTheCore described in point #4. We're looking into it and we'll post here as soon as we have a new firmware update.
Regarding (2) it’s fine if the SoftDIP settings aren’t saved on the AES, but please have the cart reset them to the defaults automatically when the game boots. The scrambled SoftDIP settings I’m getting currently often cause graphic glitching in the Fix layer, and cause erratic gameplay. It only takes me a moment to soft reset into the UniBIOS to reset the SoftDIPS manually, but it is annoying to have to do it every time.

Regarding (3), I’m using the stock firmware that shipped with the AES cart and the April 1 menu. I’m not seeing a newer firmware for AES.

Thank you for your help.

The graphics on my Multi-cart have become corrupted making all games unplayable. It happened after I installed the latest update. I tried to roll the update back, and then tried to reformat the SD card and reinstall everything. I don't know if anyone else has come across this problem. I can only pray its a firmware or SD card related issue and not a hardware one,

EDIT: Deep cleaned the PCB contacts on the Multi=cart and still the problem persists.

EDIT_2 : A video demonstration of my problem https://ufile.io/truyvb7g

Last edited:
Did you install.the files for MVS cartridge into AES cartridge?

I suspect that's what I did, but why would the same problem persist when I tried to reverse the changes?

I suspect that's what I did, but why would the same problem persist when I tried to reverse the changes?
I haven't posted any firmware for AES IIRC so you were going back to another firmware also from MVS.

I'll send you a PM.

I took some pictures that illustrate my earlier observation about scrambled SoftDIPs.

Every time I change from one game to another, the SoftDIP settings get scrambled to invalid and out-of-range values.

This screenshot are the SoftDIP settings after loading up Zed Blade:

IMG_1759.jpg

And here are the SoftDIP settings after I press the D button to set the defaults:
IMG_1760.jpg

On many games, the out-of-range SoftDIP settings cause game behavior issues and graphic glitching in the Fix layer because the games try to draw out-of-range status indicators like life counters, bomb counters, timers, etc. I noticed the same symptoms on MadLittlePixel's recent YouTube review of the AES Multi cart as well. The issue with SoftDIP scrambling occurs in both AES and MVS mode.

If I reset the SoftDIPs to defaults every time I change games, the AES Multi behaves very well - stable gameplay with only the very rare music drop out.

Also, I've discovered that if I set AES mode in the Multi's System Settings, the intro music works on every game. If I set MVS mode in the Multi's System Settings, the intro music never works on any game.

Hope this helps for improving the next firmware release - thank you!

We've finally found a fix for the people not having sound on the NEO-AES models. The fix is a simple jumper wire as it can be seen in the pictures below. This only affects to user installing the multi on a NEO-AES console and will be fixed on the new units produced.

For those of you that have this console, we believe that this is a very simple fix but it has two dangers, one is that you can break the plastic shell when opening it and second it that you need to have some basic soldereing skills in order to make the fix. If you are unsure about how to do it, I advice that you sent it either to Mitsurugi (if you are in the USA) or to Aldo from Saveyourgames if you are in Europe. People from other regions can choose either one.

About the issue with sound dissapearing we have a very good idea of what is causing it and it will be fixed using a Firmware update very soon. Please bear with us until the fix is tested and released which should happen in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Attachments

• AES_Fix_2.jpg
    AES_Fix_2.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 238
Here is a more detailed procedure about how to install the jumper wire on the cart.

1st of all, you need to "very" gently open the plastic case as can be seen here:
Neo-Aes-fix1.jpg

Now we need to remove the cart by lifting it from the left side:

Neo-Aes-fix2.jpg

The thirst step is to extract the PCB and install the jumper wire (blue line) between the pins A23-A24 as can be seen in the edge connector. It's inside the red box.
Neo-Aes-fix3.jpg

You also need to do it on the other side as well for pins B23-B24.
Neo-Aes-fix4.jpg

You only need to do this if you run the cart in a NEO-AES console. If you don't feel confident to do this fix, please send it to us.

Is the modification dangerous to the voltage levels of the cart if you use it in a later-model AES later on?

Back