What's new
1.- @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES can you please let us know what may have happened here? All the shells are new. @quadratic can you post a picture?
It's hard to really capture the problems with a camera, but see attached pictures. Please see them at full size.
It's mainly a large scratch on the top/back of the cart, some smaller scratches here and there, and a variety of imperfections that look like specs of dirt but are actually permanent.

Again, I know that it's not game breaking, but considering the cost and that it's a new shell I assumed that it would be in a mint condition.
And it's always frustrating when you have a great item in your collection that is not as perfect as it should be! :D

Attachments

• multiShell01.JPG
    multiShell01.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 230
  • multiShell02.JPG
    multiShell02.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 219
  • multiShell03.JPG
    multiShell03.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 223
  • multiShell04.JPG
    multiShell04.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 220
Pleased to report that the sound works with the mod on 1st gen NEO-AES consoles. Just 1 more problem! There are small graphic 'dots' at the top of the screen, my power plug is 2.5a, these seemed to go away with a friends power adapter rated anything up to 3.6a, so it looks like it needs over 3a to stop these 'dots' appearing

At least the sound is sorted!

Pleased to report that the sound works with the mod on 1st gen NEO-AES consoles. Just 1 more problem! There are small graphic 'dots' at the top of the screen, my power plug is 2.5a, these seemed to go away with a friends power adapter rated anything up to 3.6a, so it looks like it needs over 3a to stop these 'dots' appearing

At least the sound is sorted!
thanks for confirming that it solved your audio issues.

About the power usage, you're right. The multiAES requires more power than a regular cart and 3 Amps PSU is recommended.

Got a 3a plug, just need a polarity converter (ordered) and I'll report if it works. Thanks

Every time I change from one game to another, the SoftDIP settings get scrambled to invalid and out-of-range values.
That's because UniBIOS on AES doesn't expect the PROM to change without power cycling. Not an issue on MVS since mechanism is different (change slot interrupt and backup RAM).
Can that issue be addressed in a future firmware or menu update? It's really annoying to have to reset the SoftDIPS every time I change games, but if I don't reset them then it often causes glitches and problems with the game.

Again, I know that it's not game breaking, but considering the cost and that it's a new shell I assumed that it would be in a mint condition.
And it's always frustrating when you have a great item in your collection that is not as perfect as it should be!
I agree with you. That shouldn't happen and it should be changed. Let's wait for Aldo to comment on this please. @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES

@Apocalypse
Good idea, the problem may just be that my psu is beefy enough for the aes+original game but too weak for the aes+multi cart.
Now... do you have a recommendation about where to source said real good psu?

1.- @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES can you please let us know what may have happened here? All the shells are new. @quadratic can you post a picture?
It's hard to really capture the problems with a camera, but see attached pictures. Please see them at full size.It's mainly a large scratch on the top/back of the cart, some smaller scratches here and there, and a variety of imperfections that look like specs of dirt but are actually permanent.

And it's always frustrating when you have a great item in your collection that is not as perfect as it should be! :D
I am sorry cause Your seems with more signs than other but, in production is very difficult to Don't some signs in it. It's hard to explain, but for find the right material for this Shell we have done many compomise, this is the best that we have find. Many material used in the past now are out of production. All pur Shell can't be Perfect At 100%, we always do the bes as we can.

Has anyone done the pin short mod to fix the audio when using a NEO-AES revision console... and THEN confirmed that it continues to work fine with another hardware revision?

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. I've verified that the Japanese AES is fine. I've tried 3 different sd cards (sandisk, samsung, generic). All of them do the same. When I boot I get weird stuff on the screen. No sound, no music, no menu. I have my folder structure as follows:

(\games\menu) that contains the menu files.
(\games) that contains folder for each set of game files.

I've tried with the update\menu folder but I'm not getting anything. Just a weird screen with no text or movement. I've read through v2.0 of the instruction manual and can't find any help on basics. I've formatted the sd cards FAT32.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I can take a screenshot of the weird screen if that is necessary.

Thanks,
Ash

Back