What's new
You should have 2 folders on your SD card, one titled GAMES and the other UPDATES. When you update the menu place the file in the \UPDATES\MENU folder and delete the BUFF file. Cart should update automatically on boot.

I don't have a buff file and when I try to boot I get nothing but a weird screen. I've never had the cart working yet. I can't even see the menu yet.

I don't have a buff file and when I try to boot I get nothing but a weird screen. I've never had the cart working yet. I can't even see the menu yet.
Download the latest Menu (no firmware update is available for the AES yet) put the MENU file into your \UPDATES\MENU folder. The only other folder on the SD card should be GAMES. Cart should boot after 30 secs

You are saying menu file. Where do I find the menu file? What I have in the /UPDATES/MENU is:

crom0
m1rom
prom
srom
vroma0

Where do I go to the menu file?

Thank you for your time,
Ash

Here is what it looks like when I power my fully functional setup on with the multi equipped with an sd card.
20190427_193237-min.jpg
20190427_193237-min.jpg

Basically those files that you listed should be in the UPDATES\MENU folder

I don't remember and I have a doubt: does the folder have to be named UPDATES or UPDATE?

Which revision of AES do you have? You should be able to tell by looking to the right through the open cartridge slot. Also, what is the output rating on your power adapter?

The instructions say update. I've tried that and I've tried updates.

Thanks,
Ash

output rating on power adapter: 10V 1000mA (SNK model NEO-POW3)
revision: SP1?

serial #222000

I believe that's what you were looking for.

Thanks,
Ash

Last edited:
I was not aware that you needed to put more power into it than standard to power the FPGA. Is there a recommended power supply other than the stock one that I'm currently running?

Thanks,
Ash

No matter what I do I get nothing but that weird screen that I posted above. No sound or movement. Doesnt matter which sd card I use. I'm starting to wonder if the cartridge was damaged in shipping.

Apocalypse suggested that maybe I didnt have enough power to run both.

If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Ash

Back