What's new
Weird, the links work for me.

The North America adapter is Triad model WSU090-2000-R, and the International model is WSX090-2500-13

DigiKey keeps them stocked.

Figured it out. Those links worked.

Thank you everybody for your help. I didn't see anywhere that I needed a PSU with more power.

I've ordered it and will report back once it has arrived.

-Ash

yes. I'm trying to provide a link for the people who want to buy a new psu and have a 5V console.

Any chance someone could test a 5V 4A plug on a first gen Neo-AES. I have a 5V 3A and I still get 'dots' in the sky on Nam 1975 cheers

@Q
Any chance someone could test a 5V 4A plug on a first gen Neo-AES. I have a 5V 3A and I still get 'dots' in the sky on Nam 1975 cheers
Yop
Using 5V5A here, there are dots on Nam too

@Q
YopUsing 5V5A here, there are dots on Nam too
Thanks for that (I thought so) AFAIK Nam 1975 is the only game with these errors, I'll test some more.
IIRC the original game had also the dots. Can someone confirm?
No 'dots' on this vid

@quadratic try with a real good 3 or 4A PSU.
I just ordered the triad 5V 4A psu. I should receive it tomorrow, and hopefully it will do the trick! I'll post the outcome.

I agree with you. That shouldn't happen and it should be changed. Let's wait for Aldo to comment on this please. @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES
I am sorry cause Your seems with more signs than other but, in production is very difficult to Don't some signs in it. It's hard to explain, but for find the right material for this Shell we have done many compomise, this is the best that we have find. Many material used in the past now are out of production. All pur Shell can't be Perfect At 100%, we always do the bes as we can.
I thought that the was supposed to be new? So while I understand that there may be small imperfections I don't really understand how there can be a big scratch several cm long, and it kinda feels like I bought a second hand cartridge.

Hmm...I just did a back-to-back comparison of NAM-1975 between my original AES cart and the DS Multi. Graphics were pretty much identical between the two-no obvious sky speckles. The game does have some sprite tearing and glitching in general when there’s a lot going on-it was one of the first Neo Geo games and SNK was still figuring out the hardware.

I did initially have an issue with the Multi and NAM-1975 where I couldn’t start the game because it would ignore the Start button. Resetting the SoftDIPS in the UniBIOS to defaults fixed that problem.

I have had other graphic glitches occur in other games that were caused by corrupted SoftDIP settings. Try resetting the SoftDIPS to defaults for the sky speckles issue and see if it makes a difference.

@quadratic try with a real good 3 or 4A PSU.
I just ordered the triad 5V 4A psu. I should receive it tomorrow, and hopefully it will do the trick! I'll post the outcome.
I agree with you. That shouldn't happen and it should be changed. Let's wait for Aldo to comment on this please. @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES
I am sorry cause Your seems with more signs than other but, in production is very difficult to Don't some signs in it. It's hard to explain, but for find the right material for this Shell we have done many compomise, this is the best that we have find. Many material used in the past now are out of production. All pur Shell can't be Perfect At 100%, we always do the bes as we can.
I thought that the was supposed to be new? So while I understand that there may be small imperfections I don't really understand how there can be a big scratch several cm long, and it kinda feels like I bought a second hand cartridge.
Send me pics At ordini@saveyourgames.it, I Will resolve it, I want you happy of the Product. Aldo

Hmm...I just did a back-to-back comparison of NAM-1975 between my original AES cart and the DS Multi. Graphics were pretty much identical between the two-no obvious sky speckles. The game does have some sprite tearing and glitching in general when there’s a lot going on-it was one of the first Neo Geo games and SNK was still figuring out the hardware.

I did initially have an issue with the Multi and NAM-1975 where I couldn’t start the game because it would ignore the Start button. Resetting the SoftDIPS in the UniBIOS to defaults fixed that problem.

I have had other graphic glitches occur in other games that were caused by corrupted SoftDIP settings. Try resetting the SoftDIPS to defaults for the sky speckles issue and see if it makes a difference.
I don't have a UniBIOS installed, guess it looks like a problem with 1st revision Consoles

After switching the PSU to the Triad it is continuing to do the same thing (weird screen with no response). Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Ash

Back