What's new
Hello everyone,
I am back with a new PSU 9V 2A, center negative, and it did nt resolve the problem. I first tried the first time with the old firmware and menu, with one game remained on the last slot. I tried to add to games in the two first slot and change the 3rd one. It works ! then I played a little bit with the games and decided to change the three slot again but I couldn't still I was not able to change the games I tried to install the new menu and firmware but there I could even not add any game even for the first time. I went back to the old version and same thing I even cannot install one game even the first time.

I have no idea what to do now

For starters, that adaptor has the wrong polarity. You're lucky if you havent fried already your AES and your multi. DON'T Use it again.

Also, that adapter that you bought is providing 0.5 Amps which is not enough.

Make sure that the adapter that you bought corresponds to the one that your console needs (9V or 5V).

As I said, don't use any PSU again until you are confident that your console is working and has the right adapter. I recommend you buying from here: https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes
Yup I had purchased that Pow3 UK/English standard though from https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes ... but now my AES had blue screen i assume had not fried anything yet? ;(
Hi, my psu had arrived... when i on my AES with Darksoft Neo Geo Multi AES Cart it's on white screen...

For starters, that adaptor has the wrong polarity. You're lucky if you havent fried already your AES and your multi. DON'T Use it again.

Also, that adapter that you bought is providing 0.5 Amps which is not enough.

Make sure that the adapter that you bought corresponds to the one that your console needs (9V or 5V).

As I said, don't use any PSU again until you are confident that your console is working and has the right adapter. I recommend you buying from here: https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes
Yup I had purchased that Pow3 UK/English standard though from https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes ... but now my AES had blue screen i assume had not fried anything yet? ;(
Hi, my psu had arrived... when i on my AES with Darksoft Neo Geo Multi AES Cart it's on white screen...
Is it normal to have the soldering sticking out on the below connectors?

I NEED HELP!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    766.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 2.png
    2.png
    735.5 KB · Views: 151
That's a fix needed for it to work on the NEO-AES motherboards.

My aes was tested and working ok with a regular cart when i bought last month. My original AC adaptor is not working. Ordered 1 from Retro Game Supply but still otw.. (Pow3)

If you are talking about updating... I believe I had updated more than twice.. but still blue screen...

Please tell me i did not fry my AES Multi Cart (T.T)

I am using this adaptor : https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/LJH-186...ith-3-5x1-35mm-Tip-EU-2-PIN-New-/163408220959
Yes that was for you and refering to the blue screen. Can you A) try the cart in another motherboard or B)try a normal cart in your motherboard so we know where the problem comes from?

My aes was tested and working ok with a regular cart when i bought last month. My original AC adaptor is not working. Ordered 1 from Retro Game Supply but still otw.. (Pow3)

If you are talking about updating... I believe I had updated more than twice.. but still blue screen...

I am using this adaptor : https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/LJH-186...ith-3-5x1-35mm-Tip-EU-2-PIN-New-/163408220959
Yes that was for you and refering to the blue screen. Can you A) try the cart in another motherboard or B)try a normal cart in your motherboard so we know where the problem comes from?

Reply : Yes my present PSU is https://retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes..

I had tried a normal cart on my AES and its working fine..

can I arrange for 1 to 1 exchange?

@ Noob,

I saw you mention a blue screen and now a white screen. I need you to do a couple things for me:

1. Open up the console (there are 4 Phillips screws with 3 of them hiding under the rubber pads) and take a photo of the board inside the console. We can use that photo to make sure you have the right PSU voltage going to your console (never trust the bottom label as mentioned in my guide).

2. If the copper coil and regulator are installed on the board and you're using a 9V PSU, turn the machine on without a cart and tell me the color screen you get.

Does the multi aes works better with some revision of the board from the console ?

@ Noob,

I saw you mention a blue screen and now a white screen. I need you to do a couple things for me:

1. Open up the console (there are 4 Phillips screws with 3 of them hiding under the rubber pads) and take a photo of the board inside the console. We can use that photo to make sure you have the right PSU voltage going to your console (never trust the bottom label as mentioned in my guide).

2. If the copper coil and regulator are installed on the board and you're using a 9V PSU, turn the machine on without a cart and tell me the color screen you get.
@FirebrandX

I turn my machine on with the cart the screen is white..

And here you go... the pic of my machine..

Attachments

• NG.png
    NG.png
    886.5 KB · Views: 148
Okay so a couple things:

1. You have an internally regulated power circuit, so you'll want to use a 9V 2A PSU at a minimum (I list 9V 2.5A in my guide from Triad).

2. Your encoder output caps are missing, which indicates a DAC ladder RGB bypass. I'd inspect the underside of the board up there near the video output to see if resistors and wires are installed. If they are, take a photo so I can inspect the work. Shrink-tubing is advised for that job, unless the person doing the mod replaced the stock resistors with 143 Ohms.

3. I still need to know what color screen you get with NO cart in the machine.

Okay so a couple things:

1. You have an internally regulated power circuit, so you'll want to use a 9V 2A PSU at a minimum (I list 9V 2.5A in my guide from Triad).

2. Your encoder output caps are missing, which indicates a DAC ladder RGB bypass. I'd inspect the underside of the board up there near the video output to see if resistors and wires are installed. If they are, take a photo so I can inspect the work. Shrink-tubing is advised for that job, unless the person doing the mod replaced the stock resistors with 143 Ohms.

3. I still need to know what color screen you get with NO cart in the machine.
@FirebrandX the colour screen is white with NO cart in the machine..

For your point 1 and 2 I totally have no idea what you are talking about.. Let me know which part you want me to take photo by circling or pointing out in my previous pic..

Okay if you're getting white screen with no cart, that's not good. At any rate, the area I'm referring to is the upper left of the board where you plug in the RGB cable. Unscrew the board from the bottom shell, flip the board over and take a photo of that area. You should see some bodge wires somebody installed there. I want to have a look at the work.

We may also want to try putting the original BIOS chip back in the socket in case somehow your UNIBIOS fried.

Okay if you're getting white screen with no cart, that's not good. At any rate, the area I'm referring to is the upper left of the board where you plug in the RGB cable. Unscrew the board from the bottom shell, flip the board over and take a photo of that area. You should see some bodge wires somebody installed there. I want to have a look at the work.

We may also want to try putting the original BIOS chip back in the socket in case somehow your UNIBIOS fried.
I had taken out 4 screws but the board does not seems to come off..

I had taken out 4 screws but the board does not seems to come off..
Sorry i mean 7 screws

@FirebrandX

There you go..

Attachments

• NG1.png
    NG1.png
    850.6 KB · Views: 142
  • NG2.png
    NG2.png
    817.3 KB · Views: 141
Back