What's new
Okay thanks. Looks like they did an okay job on that encoder bypass.

So the next step is to pull that Unibios out of the socket and put the original back in. Then do another power on with no cart inserted. If you get a blue screen doing that, then we know it's more likely the cart interface to blame.

So the next step is to pull that Unibios out of the socket and put the original back in. Then do another power on with no cart inserted. If you get a blue screen doing that, then we know it's more likely the cart interface to blame.
The unibios chip is very tough to take out or remove..

@FirebrandX

my screen is blue with no cart inserted as you can see on my image attachments

Attachments

• NG1.png
    NG1.png
    400.9 KB · Views: 138
  • NG2.png
    NG2.png
    652.6 KB · Views: 141
  • NG3.png
    NG3.png
    680.8 KB · Views: 138
Okay so blue screen is good. Now for cleaning the cart port pins, my trick is to take a credit card and insert it into some thin T-shirt fabric, then wet that end with rubbing alcohol (preferably above 90%). Then insert the wet T-shirt card end into the cart port pins up and down to scrub them out. Make sure to get all the pins with multiple insertions.

After that, it would be best to try an original AES cart if you have one. if not, might as well give the flash cart a go.

i had tried.. still white screen after insert it for the flash cart....

i had tried.. still white screen after insert it for the flash cart....
The only way to know for sure now is to buy the cheapest working original AES cart you can find on ebay.
I tested with my 161 in 1 multi cart.. it was working.. and i had tested it with normal cart when i purchased my AES..

Last edited:
So you're saying it was working back then with those carts, but not now? If so, you're down to needing to do multimeter tests of each trace to cart lead.

HI,

I just bought Multi AES.. initally was booted up but stated no games detected.. but i tried to meddle around it booted up with distort screen and sound.. and now blue screen.. Please tell me i did not screw up on this Multi AES.. desperately need help..

Need step by step guidiance..

Inside my SD Card contain 4 files..
games(inside games folder contain MENU and rom folders downloaded from https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...up-pack-all-roms-for-the-mvs-aes-multis.5059/) inside MENU folde contain cpld, flash and top file
update (inside crom0,m1rom,prom,srom and vroma0)
REGION file
Revision File

Please advice..
Just reading one of your earlier posts, correct me if i'm wrong as I may be reading this incorrectly but you're putting cpld, flash.img & top inside the MENU folder & crom0, m1rom, prom, srom & vroma0 inside the update folder?

inside MENU folde contain cpld, flash and top file
this may be your problem. you mixed the files from GAMES\MENU folder with files from \update.

files cpld, flash and top must be placed inside \Update folder
It's possible with all this mess that the menu in the cart is corrupted, so copy the menu files (crom0,m1rom,prom,srom and vroma0) inside \UPDATE\MENU

Good news for me - I haven't had any sound dropout with the latest menu and firmware posted!

I have some questions on region selection. I am assuming that when I select "AES/Japan" that I shouldn't be getting the "this game is only to be played in Japan" screen? Maybe not though - because with Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Showdown (1) - i get the Japan splash screen, but then it's the correct US version of the game.

With The Last Blade 2 - regardless of the region setting I seem to always get the japanese version?

And - i am getting a lot of "graphical line glitches" - upon bootup with the NeoGeo logo, and then throughout the game - very pronounced in SamSho and Last Blade 2. I can upload a video if needed.

Thanks for making headway on the sound problem! It seems as if that was a tough one!

Matt

Thanks for making headway on the sound problem! It seems as if that was a tough one!
You can't imagine....

Thanks for feedback. The lines and the region problem are probably caused by the double reset.

We'll update the firmware to fix that.

inside MENU folde contain cpld, flash and top file
this may be your problem. you mixed the files from GAMES\MENU folder with files from \update.
files cpld, flash and top must be placed inside \Update folder
It's possible with all this mess that the menu in the cart is corrupted, so copy the menu files (crom0,m1rom,prom,srom and vroma0) inside \UPDATE\MENU
Too late! I already sent the cart otw to High Score Saves.. I wanted help at that point of time.. but help never reach me.. It wasnt highlighted to me..

Last edited:
If possible.. please clear indicate of what files is needed in which folder.. I had followed the instructions but it came out like this..

I have some questions on region selection. I am assuming that when I select "AES/Japan" that I shouldn't be getting the "this game is only to be played in Japan" screen? Maybe not though - because with Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Showdown (1) - i get the Japan splash screen, but then it's the correct US version of the game.

With The Last Blade 2 - regardless of the region setting I seem to always get the japanese version?

And - i am getting a lot of "graphical line glitches" - upon bootup with the NeoGeo logo, and then throughout the game - very pronounced in SamSho and Last Blade 2. I can upload a video if needed.

I have the same region problems, but also very heavy line artefacts, as mathewbeall mentioned.

The lines and the region problem are probably caused by the double reset
I did notice that each time I load a game it resets after one or two seconds (I can just hear the start of the neo-geo startup jingle), and then run normally. Is that what you're referring to by 'double reset'?

I replaced the top file from the latest firmware with the one from 20181127_r989_AES, that fixed my problem with the lines.

Unless Darksoft confirms it's fine to downgrade the top file then obviously do it at your own risk, I haven't noticed any issues though.

Back