What's new
It did not fix the glitches for me but I'm not sure of being with the right version...

I updated 3 times and in the "About" menu, I still have "Nov 22 2019" for the "built date"! ?(

Menu is the same as November 22nd. It won't change. The Firmware is different. Does it say 0x457 now?

Hi,

I updated to the last Firmware and since, I also have small glitches and/or lines on some games.
For exemple, there are small lines on the SNK logo in Garou and a few glitches during gameplay.

I have an early NEO-0 model (SN 018051), stock BIOS and stock power supply.
So this always happened to you with all versions, right? Which PSU do you have? I'm afraid that the problem comes from there.

@Samy83 Yes, you're right. The version r1111 will show in the menu still as the r1110.

So what issues do you have? Are these the glitches that you mention here: AES Multi Cart Troubleshooting and help
Yes, the glitches that I mention in "AES Multi Cart Troubleshooting and help"

And yes, I have them with all versions.
But why it say 0x456 after update?
As I also mentionned, these glitches are not present with my original games but they are when I play the same games with the multicart.

My PSU is the stock japanese PSU I had when I bought my AES in 1990. If it come from my PSU, which one do you recommand to replace my old one?

Last edited:
But why it say 0x456 after update?
That's because I forgot to update the number on the flash.img file.

glitches are not present with my original games but they are when I play the same games with the multicart.
The cart is more power hungry and also needs a more steady power.

which one do you recommand to replace my old one?
I recomend this one: https://retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes
They ship from France, so you should be good.

I still have a sizzle in the pictureis that what you call glitches?
Shall i have to change with the top file of the update 20190829_r1075?
My problems of unibios is always the same; But note with every games.

Last edited:
Without using unibios options, it works well
My problems of unibios is always the same; But note with every games.
Can you confirm that the games work well without UNIBIOS and the latest Firmware released?

I believe that UNIBIOS does something to the game and it alters the way in which interrupts are treated, causing extra delays which could be the cause for this.

I have install last firmware and last menu.

With or without unibios glitches ( image in my answer) are the same.
Shall i have to change with the top file of the update 20190829_r1075?

Using unibios options : i have problems of sound ans others ( in top hunter for exemple but not for every game.)

i have not these problems when i don’t select an option unibios

As I mentioned before, I get the same issues as Samy83, I am using an original NEO-AES revision. I have a 5W 3A Power supply, so I will be interested to see what happens when he gets another.

After updating the Menu and Firmware, the games settings do not save if they get changed (Blood in Metal Slug for instance)

Thanks

@Samy83 do you also have a NEO-AES model?

@LHantz game settings will only save in MVS as they have backup ram. We haven't implemented that functionality in AES yet.

Back