What's new
ReAlly trying to avoid this
There is no need to avoid upgrading, like you recently got mine (wednesday to be precise) also from HSS, I got a cps2 multi before the neo multi and saw Mitsu's videos where he recommended a Class 4 sd card, I got one for that and when I got the neo multi I ordered one for it as well, I updated on my first go on the cart and works flawless.

the card I got from Amazon

I hope everything works out well for you.

Good evening

I could found a PSU in an electronic shop at Akiba , the link with the PSU spec. is following https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001003715244/
Darksoft, what do you think about this PSU ?

By the way, I tried another microsd Sandisk 32 gb HC 1 class 4: I downgraded to FW r996 and menu 20190401. No problem apparently I installed one game on slot 1, play a little bit then change, no problem, then I tried to install 2 others games on the 2 others slots , no issues I could play the 3 games without any issue. But then I tried to change the game on the slot 1 and I could not: It was written "please wait" and black screen with some white "glitch" more or less big but then, the game never start.

I did'nt try yet the most recent FW and menu with the new microsd

This has been a nightmare for me. Had to go back to an April 2019 revision of menu. As the new one is dead for me. Not even going to try firmware

Keep trying, it will works one day .

Is there anybody on this forum living in Japan and using the Darksoft Multi AES without any issue ? If so , what is the PSU that you are using ? Thanks

99% of people are enjoying it without any issue.

That PSU that you posted looks good, make sure it's negative pole is in the internal part of the power connector.

I am sure that most of the people are enjoying it.
Two days ago, I could set up the Multi Taito f3 without any issue it works flawlessly this is unbelievable like the multi cps2. Thank you very much.

Yes it is a center négative ok I will buy it and test it . About the cluster size of the micro sd, I had the maximum 64k

thanks

Good evening everyone

I am back with the same issue. I am sorry Darksoft.
First I tried the new PSU 9V 2A center negative with some original games , no problem.
Then I used the card with the old fw r_966 and menu_20190401 which was installed from last time. I erased a game from last time slot1 and add new one keeping the 2 other on slot 2 and 3. I played a little bit and try to change by removing first the present game and add the new game, it is written "please wait" and black screen, I am waiting 10 minutes but still black screen, and I need to switch off the console wait for 10 minutes and switch on again, some message like checking games, then restoring are written successively and then the menu starts normally. I tried to remove the games and add one only on the slot 1. Still It is the same : "please wait" and then nothing black screen. I always feel like there is something missing, a file or something else ?
I tried the new FW_1169 and menu_1122 by keeping the structure on the sd card, keeping the games file and update. I update unzip the FW and and the file menu containing the files from the menu. I add this in the multi card, It performed the installation normally, when the menu starts I went to check the "diagnostic" and "about", apparently no problem. I installed one game on slot 1 and played a little bit, went back to the menu bit simultaneously pushing up and start, It did worked so I switch off the console, wait a little bit and switch on again. The menu starts I tried to remove the game and install another one, and still the same "please wait" and then nothing.
The only thing I did nt change is the set of games rom, is it possible to have such issue from it ?

I dont know what to do, please if you have some idea tell me

thanks

Update the on my problems. Finally got cart to take firmware and menu to latest revision. Still having issues. Just on the first release games. Riding hero right who cares I do. Baseball stars. Magician lord.

All sound issues except riding hero.

Both ml and bbs. Sometime have sound sometime not. When bbs has no sound it has pinging or popping. Tried changing slot. Tried menu boot tried direct boot. Just no ryme or reason. Sometime sound and sometimes not. Riding hero is just jacked up. Probably the smoke pack.

I have tried every single official game many times. And these three are the ones still buggy. I have heard that league bowl has issues. So I will be testing that next.

Update the on my problems. Finally got cart to take firmware and menu to latest revision. Still having issues. Just on the first release games. Riding hero right who cares I do. Baseball stars. Magician lord.

All sound issues except riding hero.

Both ml and bbs. Sometime have sound sometime not. When bbs has no sound it has pinging or popping. Tried changing slot. Tried menu boot tried direct boot. Just no ryme or reason. Sometime sound and sometimes not. Riding hero is just jacked up. Probably the smoke pack.

I have tried every single official game many times. And these three are the ones still buggy. I have heard that league bowl has issues. So I will be testing that next.
I will assume given you don't know your board revision that you have never opened that console? It's an almost 30 years old machine, this is all assumptions but do you know someone with another neo AES that you can try? I believe you have a capacitor problem, if something doesn't work but then somehow starts partially working makes me think that.

Original carts use different type of memory,Mask Roms which work completely different and can accept better bad quality power.

Did you read the instructions? Which PSU do you have? Was it working before? Please send a pic of your PSU.

Yes I did read. I already gave all my me aes info. I keep working on it. Just puzzled why just the first games have this issue. Well today I'm goin to give league bowl a hard test.

ok league bowl is fine. But puzzled has the same issue with sound. I seemed to have narrowed down the cause. If you go menu then save and program is were the issue comes into play. I don't boot to games. Don't even know how they work there. If I go to the games from the initial menu not the big menu. They seem to work just fine. Btw dodgeball loops on intro but hit start it's good. Nam ghost pilot and ninja combat suffers the same issue with sound.

Do I need a different menu version? I may try different roms.

Damn I still have to install my cps multi.
Just enjoying every neo game without moving an inch. So many glorious games. I remember way back in 1990 walking out of the game store in la with super spy and magician lord. I was so stocked. This brings me back there.

I'm glad there soooooo much support for darksoft products.

Thankyou all

Last edited:
Hello All,

I am having what I think is an issue. When in MVS mode I get no credit counters. When I rest the console it goes back to the default AES/JPN bios setting. Also, Breakers Revenge does not work at all. But, Ganryu does. I have included some pics of the screen showing what the credit counters look like in game. I am using a JPN AES with Pro PoW 3 AC adapter. The board revision is 3.6. System number 271697.

Attachments

• 20200629_022048.jpg
    20200629_022048.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 112
Good evening everyone

First I tried the new PSU 9V 2A center negative with some original games , no problem.
Then I used the card with the old fw r_966 and menu_20190401 which was installed from last time. I erased a game from last time slot1 and add new one keeping the 2 other on slot 2 and 3. I played a little bit and try to change by removing first the present game and add the new game, it is written "please wait" and black screen, I am waiting 10 minutes but still black screen, and I need to switch off the console wait for 10 minutes and switch on again, some message like checking games, then restoring are written successively and then the menu starts normally. I tried to remove the games and add one only on the slot 1. Still It is the same : "please wait" and then nothing black screen. I always feel like there is something missing, a file or something else ?
I tried the new FW_1169 and menu_1122 by keeping the structure on the sd card, keeping the games file and update. I update unzip the FW and and the file menu containing the files from the menu. I add this in the multi card, It performed the installation normally, when the menu starts I went to check the "diagnostic" and "about", apparently no problem. I installed one game on slot 1 and played a little bit, went back to the menu bit simultaneously pushing up and start, It did worked so I switch off the console, wait a little bit and switch on again. The menu starts I tried to remove the game and install another one, and still the same "please wait" and then nothing.
The only thing I did nt change is the set of games rom, is it possible to have such issue from it ?

thanks
hello , it there some suggestion about my problem ? Is it possible now that the cartridge is defective ?

Hello All,

I am having what I think is an issue. When in MVS mode I get no credit counters. When I rest the console it goes back to the default AES/JPN bios setting. Also, Breakers Revenge does not work at all. But, Ganryu does. I have included some pics of the screen showing what the credit counters look like in game. I am using a JPN AES with Pro PoW 3 AC adapter. The board revision is 3.6. System number 271697.
That is normal. The AES has no backup RAM so it will show some other values. IF we implement someday BackUpRAM, then you will see like in the MVS.

Good evening everyone

thanks
hello , it there some suggestion about my problem ? Is it possible now that the cartridge is defective ?
You can send it back and we'll have a look. Remember that all cartridges are tested prior to shipping, so most pobably the problem lies on other factors like microSD, PSU, bad update, etc.

Ok thank you, maybe I can test it a little bit more to be sure that is really a cartridge problem. I will try again the FW and menu which was working before in November 2019. My board is 3.5 re, does the other person having a 3.5 revision board are using the last fw without any problem ? Or are they using an older version ?

Back