What's new
If the previous version was working well for you, I suggest you go back to that one.

Try this. I did it and finally work. Go back older version of firmware and April 2019 menu. Then install newest fw. Then install latest menu.

Stepwise ? Does it work better ? From Fw r966 and menu_20190401 , add first the Fw_1169 while keeping menu_20190401 then add menu_1122 the sd and add it at the end to the cartridge ?

I thought that we should not dissociate a Fw version to its menu

In my case, the cartridge was fully functional in term of game loading and changing when I was using the fw_r1111 with menu_1122 . The problem I had was with some glitch always appearing in games. And also in March I was loading a game and for the first time with this fw, the game didn’t install and a black screen always remained. (Fw instability ?) Then I moved to the last fw and apparently no glitch in game any more but still I was not able to change games on the cartridge.

Mine was doing funky stuff too
I tried and tried spent 4 hours trial and error. thought about it and thought things maybe had to happen in segeuntial order . So older firware reinstall I mean reinstall then reinstall april19 menu then upgrade firm them upgrade menu not all together all seperate and one at a time. Mind you I booted it up and went to diagnostics after each upgrade. Hope this works. Mine worked too with older firm/menu. Just was getting all weird on me.

I couldn't get latest menu to work with older firmware. Dead. The older menu and firm works ok.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I tried the stepwise FW and menu installation. Starting from the last FW and menu in the cartridge, I did a downgrade to r996 So I add only the FW in the file update, with games . Then added the micro sd in the cartridge the process was very long and finally stuck on "mounting virtual memory " and I has waiting for 30 minutes without any change. So I switched off . I tried then to add the menu but it stucks as well to "mounting virtual memory" . Then finally perform a full install of r996 and the menu in one shot. It worked I could enter to the menu etc.. I continue by updating to the last FW and menu but first the fw It arrived to the menu and then I added the menu. I checked diagnostic and about, apparently everything was fine. I tried then some game: First I added andro dunos on slot 1 then I changed to brazing star, then no issue. Finally on the slot I tried to add MOTW and this time the game did nt load and the screen keep black. I add to restart manually the console. Is it because of the size of MOTW comps?

I don t understand how do you perform the update, step wise? without having any issue

@raffy92 should I understand that the carts works well now except for Garou MOTW?
How many games did you try?

That problem that you say looks like related to the amount of power required while programming a big game. In other words, PSU related.

Please let me know your feedback.

First of all, I don’t thing that in my case the stepwise install change a lot of things.
Yes, I feel that it can be a lack of power, For about two month now I have this problem that after fresh FW and menu install , I can load a first game on slot 1 , then change to another and then the third time the game cannot be change . It is written « please wait « and black screen with some very small glitches .
Sometimes, if I had two other games on 2 and 3rd slot , it works but I cannot change even only one. Sometimes like yesterday if either I add a bigger game like MOTW on the same slot or if I had 3 games, the result is black screen.
I don’t think the cartridge if defective but a lack of power is strange no ? Because I am using already a 9V 2A PSU . If so what kind of PSU is needed ? 10V 3 A ?

To confirm this, it could be interesting to do a session only with smaller games and see if the game size matters

Thank you

To confirm this, it could be interesting to do a session only with smaller games and see if the game size matters
Very good idea.

I don’t think the cartridge if defective but a lack of power is strange no ? Because I am using already a 9V 2A PSU . If so what kind of PSU is needed ? 10V 3 A ?
It's not only the AMPS but also the stability of the signal and the quality of power.

Good evening everyone,

Due to the suspected problem of power that I have with the AES multi, I am posting here some picture of my PSUs : The first one is the "old one" bought in November 2019 and was working with the fw r1110 until April 2020.
IMG_1110.jpg
IMG_1109.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    841.3 KB · Views: 103
In this post I added some picture of the new psu I bought last week also suspected to be defective in term of reliability.
IMG_1105.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 98
I am posting here my updates about my attempt to have the AES multi working. We were suspecting that due to some power deficiency of the PSU, the big games cannot be launched properly. So by launching some small game only I should not have any issue and that could confirm about the PSU problem.

I downgraded the firmware to r966, installing first the FW, then the menu_0401. I installed first Andro dunos in slot 1, no problem , then on the same slot I removed and add brazing star, it worked as well, then on the same slot I tried to add wind jammer, gave the black screen , switch of the console, wait few minutes then brazing star was still on the microsd , I tried to remove and add andro dunos again but it did nt worked (black screen).
Before also from andro dunos on slot 1 I could not remove it and add samurai spirit 1 on slot 1.
Then I upgraded the fw to the last one r1169 then the menu 1122. I add andro dunos on slot 1, it worked but then impossible to remove it and add another game, pulsar, blazing star did nt worked. I tried next to remove and add B star but the black screen appeared again. Then after restarting I could notice no game was installed some the removal worked !
Then finally I downgraded to r1110 (which worked form me in november 2019) keeping the menu 1122. With the new PSU I could not install any thing including andro dunos, and with the old one (see the picture upper) I could add android dunos on slot 1 but nothing else on the same slot.

Do you have any suggestion ? It is not clear that I am facing a PSU problem

Then some basic troubleshooting has to be made, access to a different system? Maybe a friend or another member here close to your area? even if regular carts work some bigger carts have different requirements.

@raffy92 what happens to you is very weird. I would suggest that you send it to some other user from Japan that could help you to troubleshoot it. If that's not an option, you can send it to me for troubleshooting.

I'm 99% sure that it will work here and when I send back to you problems will appear again, but we can try if you want.

What do you think about the two psu ? Do they look bad quality ?
I didn’t try my second AES which is a 3.5 rev as well .
Is it possible to reinitiate the cartridge, add some factory settings back ? Or something like this ?
I don’t know any other user in Japan. If you know somebody why not!

Sending it to Europe will take time and I don’t know if the Japanese post office reopened its international service.

Back