What's new
Hello everyone,

I have finally succeed to go back to the menu by doing the update : games, update and menu, with the new Microsd.
I tried to load one game on slot 1, MOTW, no problem, I played a bit and changed on the same slot: remove and then add, metal slug , this one worked too . I could play but then a third time one the same slot 1 it didn’t worked as usual : « please wait « then nothing black screen .
I think you are right Darksoft, it appeared to be the psu .
I don’t get why one year ago by buy a new psu 9v 2amps etc I could make it work but then one day it stopped to work !
why the psu that worked for most of the people doesn’t work for me ?

I start to get depressed

Hello @Darksoft , @Mitsurugi-w and all,
I am just trying see why this is happening.

In this video I was trying to illustrate the current issue I have with the AES multi but, something else occurred, I had just changed a game in Slot 2 to Metal Slug X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDC4LeeEdfk
Then after I reset the game with the reset button then this happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fkqzI30cDI
I powered the system off then on again. Then, the warning screen and intro began to loop which is shown in this video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhkRXLPX22Q
I plugged the AC adapter directly into walljust to see if the original problem I had would go away along with the the new issues that just happened. There was no looping or flashing screen.

Here is the problem I was trying to demonstrate before the aforementioned.

It seem that the region is being ignored and the game is defaulting to Japan/AES in some games, and Japan/MVS in others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvVLi3EC_jI&t=32s

I am using a Japanese Neo Geo AES Rev 3-6. Triad International PSU from Digikey as recommended by @FirebrandX, Stock Japanese Bios, SanDisk Ultra 16gb Micro SD that came with the cart from HighScoreSave.com, I am also using a Samsung Evo 256gb micro sd, which was used at the time of recording. I was having the same issue with the region settings so I switched from the Sandisk to the Samsung micro sd.

Sometimes the menu does this when I hit up and start to return from a game, this picture was taken when I was using the Sandisk Ultra Micro Sd.

20200826_041933.jpg

Here is my About screen so that anyone that can help can know what FW I am on.

20200826_042035.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I see that rolling interference in your picture in all the videos. Your console may need a recap (particularly the big power cap near the on-off switch).

Edit: Seems the rolling dot crawl up the screen is composite video issue related. If you're using RGB and want to get rid of it, this fix seems to work:

attachment.php

Last edited:
@Darksoft
Have you seen my post ?
Can you help me please ?

—-

Hey,

I have a new problem, everything work fine before with the latest firmware.

Yesterday, I added 3 new games in the slots but during loading the games in the slots the screen froze on my TV. I waited 10 min then I turned off and on my AES console with the cartridge but I had nothing on the screen. I removed the cartridge to verify that my AES console is working properly and I have the usual blue screen, no problem.
Strange... So I reformatted my card and added the firmware, the menu and a game pack. This time the console started with the cartridge. Then I added 3 games in the slots to test the loading and same problem: the screen freezes, after waiting a long time I turn off and turn on my console and I have nothing on the screen.

Did you try going to the previous firmware? What BIOS do you have? Did you change anything else in your setup? MicroSD? PSU?

Hello Raffy,

Maybe that will not help but I recently moved to another house and before I had sometimes your issue (black screen when changing game slot).
Now It's ok (so far).
Have you tried plugging your psu cable without other equipment?

Or trying on another electric outlet.

Fgto

Hello All,

I need your help with my MultiAES. I have this gfx little glitches in game issue.
It's like little pixel bar poping everywhere and disappear as quick as the come.
Mainly I can see this on KOF game.

Here is the status of my cardridge

I have a UNIBIOS 4.0
PSU is strong one Ansmann APS 2250L set to 2.25A 9V

Can someone guide me if I need to rollback firmware or flash again something new ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kind regards.

that's a good question !
I will try this

edit : OK, This is the same :(
I've put back the NEO-EPO and same issue.
Just found that with Garou it's even worse, I mean glitches can be seen on menu screen

Last edited:
Hello Raffy,

Maybe that will not help but I recently moved to another house and before I had sometimes your issue (black screen when changing game slot).
Now It's ok (so far).
Have you tried plugging your psu cable without other equipment?

Or trying on another electric outlet.

Fgto
Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate a lot. Actually I am using a multiple socket and I tried to plug the PSU directly on the electric outlet, It was the same but your are right maybe I should go to that direction and try another electric outlet.
Was it clearly the reason of your black screen problem ?

I’m not sure this is the root cause / only reason but I always suspected heat / electricity... my PSU is fine.

that's a good question !
I will try this

edit : OK, This is the same :(
I've put back the NEO-EPO and same issue.
Just found that with Garou it's even worse, I mean glitches can be seen on menu screen
Can someone help with this ?

I could at least rollback to previous Firmware/menu, but to be honest there are so many link on the download page I would be confused on which duo to use.
Can someone guide me ? to see if rollback fix gfx glitches issue ?

Thanks.

Hello, I have a couple of questions about the MultiAES. So far I love it! But I have a few odd sound issues like some have reported and a few instances where games will reset after a few minutes of play (mainly Samurai Shodown III). My AES is using the original BIOS, it's a 3-6 board that's had the RGB bypass done on it.

Here's my cartridge status:

https://i.imgur.com/bmu9MCp.jpg

The main sound issue I experience is sound not playing during intros (even after say a game is played) and some games like Ninja Combat have no sound at all. This issue happens no matter which setting combination of AES/MVS I pick in the configuration.

I have none of these issues with original AES cartridges.

My first question is I see it often suggested that the issue is the power adapter being used, but I don't really see specific alternatives. Right now I'm using this one as suggested by FireBrandX's AES power supply guide.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/triad-magnetics/WSU090-3500-R/237-1442-ND/3094968

So if this one is not sufficient does anyone have a link to a specific one they've used that's fixed the sound issue?

My other question is about the unibios. If I install the unibios does that play nice with the Darksoft AESMulti? I see some earlier posts implying that it does not but not a lot of information about this. Some of the extra functionality it has seems nice but I don't want to bother if it might interfere with the AESMulti.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My other question is about the unibios. If I install the unibios does that play nice with the Darksoft AESMulti? I see some earlier posts implying that it does not but not a lot of information about this. Some of the extra functionality it has seems nice but I don't want to bother if it might interfere with the AESMulti.
Looks like it adds a significant delay on some motherboards, so it's hard to say, until you try.

The main sound issue I experience is sound not playing during intros (even after say a game is played) and some games like Ninja Combat have no sound at all. This issue happens no matter which setting combination of AES/MVS I pick in the configuration.
My guess is the power adapter which has too few amps or outputs poor quality.

Looks like it adds a significant delay on some motherboards, so it's hard to say, until you try.

My guess is the power adapter which has too few amps or outputs poor quality.
Thank you for the response.

If you feel this one is insufficient amps or quality, do you have a specific one you could recommend? Again this is what I'm currently using, it gives no issues on real games and was recommended on FirebrandX's guide for the 3-6 board I have:
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/triad-magnetics/WSU090-3500-R/237-1442-ND/3094968

Hello everyone,

I finally got a PSU triad WSX090-2500-R, The system works I can open the menu. Metal slug was on slot 1, I changed it to MOTW, no problem, I play a bit then try to change on the same slot 1 but It failed again, a black screen appeared and never change. I had to switch the console off wait 10 minutes and switch on again. When I tried to change a game I first remove it and add another one.
when I switch on again, the game was not here but the slot one was empty. I tried to add a game on slot 2, I had metal slug X, It works, I could play, no issue. But then I never could remove it.

Basically my problem was not resolved by changing the PSU.

I am tired with this. I need help please. I am using the OSSC, with a HD retrovision as before.

Good evening, Is there any idea to resolve my issue , please

thanks

Back