What's new
Ok, it’s really strange, CPS2 multi and Taito f3 multi work flawlessly with at home with the same OSSC and screen.
I will move to MVS maybe I can be successful

Thanks Darksoft ! It's way more clear.

One last guidance please, if I want to rollback to 'previous setup' , should I go for : previous menu + firm R996 ? or current menu + firm r1110 ?

Thanks.

got it thanks.

I will report any test that would be successful.

Cheers.

Hello Darksoft,

I am interested in buying a flash cart for Neo Geo AES in (hopefully) near future.

I saw your cart to be better than NeoSD and certainly cheaper than NeoSD Pro, but I want to verify these things:

1- Does your cart have a feature like pressing start button to directly boot into a game from the list? I mean without flashing and re-booting... just press start to boot (load into ram i guess). this is the most important feature that I want. NeoSD has it but very very slow. so I am depending on your cart.

2- How much is average speed to directly booting into one game?

3- Is there any compatibility issues or graphics\sound glitches?

4- Will the price be the same or will it return to previous price in future?

Thanks for your generous efforts.

I apologize for the long post.

Regards!

Hello Darksoft,

I am interested in buying a flash cart for Neo Geo AES in (hopefully) near future.

I saw your cart to be better than NeoSD and certainly cheaper than NeoSD Pro, but I want to verify these things:

1- Does your cart have a feature like pressing start button to directly boot into a game from the list? I mean without flashing and re-booting... just press start to boot (load into ram i guess). this is the most important feature that I want. NeoSD has it but very very slow. so I am depending on your cart.

2- How much is average speed to directly booting into one game?

3- Is there any compatibility issues or graphics\sound glitches?

4- Will the price be the same or will it return to previous price in future?

Thanks for your generous efforts.

I apologize for the long post.

Regards!
1.- Yes, just press 1P START when you are on the list surfing the games and it will load that game into SLOT1.
2.- depends on the size and how many games you have loaded in the other slots, but if there is only 1 loaded about 15-30 secs.
3.- Not that I'm aware thansk to the latest firmware.
4.- We are not sure if we will release more AES carts. MVS for sure, but don't know about AES, so if you think too much, you may miss it ;)

1.- Yes, just press 1P START when you are on the list surfing the games and it will load that game into SLOT1.2.- depends on the size and how many games you have loaded in the other slots, but if there is only 1 loaded about 15-30 secs.
3.- Not that I'm aware thansk to the latest firmware.
4.- We are not sure if we will release more AES carts. MVS for sure, but don't know about AES, so if you think too much, you may miss it ;)
1- nice to have this feature! so it is gonna go into flash rom slot 1 not the ram?

3- each firmware makes another issues?

4- what? why not release more carts for AES as long as people want them and there is market for them. so assuming this happens. can't I get the mvs cart and use it with mvs to aes converter? i want to buy the aes cart but not enough money now, maybe in late december

1. this cart loads the games into flash and RAM, but you need to wait for the DDR Ram to load only.
3.- the latest fixes all the previous bugs.
4.- That won't work. Get yours while you can. :thumbsup:

You shocked me about this. I thought that AES carts will go as long as there is market for them. I fail to understand why it will be retired really.

The problem is that I still don't have enough money at the moment, but in Late December I can order it.

I don't have a problem with anyone with used Darksoft AES cart to sell it to me at a cheaper price but don't know where to find one.

You shocked me about this. I thought that AES carts will go as long as there is market for them.
The answer is in your sentence.
Exactly!

and the market is there and it doesn't seem to end at any time soon.

Your cart + features + new pricing is a big win over the others.

I just hope I make it in time... already bought the AES.

Hi Darksoft,

I'm back with some test :

PREVIOUS MENU (April 1st, 2019) + PREVIOUS FIRMWARE r996 (December 14th, 2018) = works great, no gfx issues
CURRENT MENU (November 22th, 2019) + PREVIOUS FIRMWARE r1110 (November 18th, 2019) = works great, no gfx issues
CURRENT MENU (November 22th, 2019) + CURRENT FIRMWARE (May 30th, 2020) = works but with those little pixel lines gfx issue poping all the screen

Any idea where is the issue ?
Would a video helps you ?

Please let me know.

PS : PSU is a strong ANSMANN 2.5A

@iori, we'll pay special attention to it, in the next TOP file release, but if r1110 works well for you , please use that one.

I have discovered a reproducable issue with the AES version of the multicart. If you play "Sengoku 2" and get to the third stage (199X, third stage) and play half way through the stage, the Neo Geo console resets. I have reproduced this with setting it to AES/USA, AES/JAPAN, MVS/USA, MVS JAPAN. I have not tested Europe. I am on a Neogeo AES Japanese PRO-POW3 model using the latest May 2020 firmware and latest menu release as of now.

Can someone else play this far and confirm the issue?

EDIT: I just reflashed the game again to another slot to make sure it was not a bad flash and played to area 3 again and this time saved it to a memory card. Yep, as soon as you get mid point on the level and are ready to be transported to the alternate dimension...the console resets!

EDIT2: Downgraded to firmware r1110 and it works fine, no reset at all. Guess I'll stay on the older firmware until that is corrected.

Also, to touch on whether to buy this or not:

A resounding YES, and do it while you can still get it! There are bugs here and there as with anything, but very minor things (like what I posted above regarding the one game) that are usually corrected with firmware updates. But overall, excellent value for the money in my book. So much better than the competitors $400 cart that only flashes one game at a time (and slowly) and a much better monetary value at $425 (currently) than the competitors whopping $650 priced cart. It is really a no brainer.

I am actually a little upset that this may be the last AES cart from Dark Soft, but if the demand for AES is not there what can you do. I am grateful and thankful that we got what we got!

Last edited:
Hi, I posted some months ago about a 3-6 AES, which had flashing lines all over the screen, with this cart, it has taken months to get my AES fixed as it pretty well fell apart. Got it back and yes it's still doing it, I'm using a 2.5 amp PSU, OG games work perfectly fine. Can I send it to you for testing, imagining I may need a new one.

Cheers.

Where did you buy from? Please contact the place where you bought it, provide your order# etc and they'll have a look.

Thanks.

It was Saveyourgames.it, I remember you said I may need another firmware revision, but I didn't hear back, guess I'm probably on the latest.

Back