What's new

TheDeath

Professional
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a virtua striker laying around and i'd like to have a more appealing game to my tastes, i would like to try convert it to Sonic The Fighters.
I was not able to find jumper positions and if this need something else like a security chip. I've read that you can convert it to Last Bronx just by swapping jumpers (and programming, of course) but i haven't read about security, if there's any.
With proper jumper setting, could this work? Can you help me find out?
Thanks

I have this image from many years ago, please see attached. I also can confirm there is no security board for Sonic the Fighters. Also, is your Virtua Striker board# 833-11903? Just curious.

Attachments

• stf.gif
    stf.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 527
I have this image from many years ago, please see attached. I also can confirm there is no security board for Sonic the Fighters. Also, is your Virtua Striker board# 833-11903? Just curious.
That is awesome! Thank you!
All my VS boards are 833-12345, i hope this does not matter since i have 0 experience with these. I'll try to see if that works and get back here!
Thanks again

That is awesome! Thank you!All my VS boards are 833-12345, i hope this does not matter since i have 0 experience with these. I'll try to see if that works and get back here!
Thanks again
It doesn't :D
I was trying to understand why, i'm pretty sure the eeproms are good and written correctly (they are all 80/100ns) but the board is just showing me garbage/fixed blue screen. I've double checked jumpers and overall on the board but i could not find anything suspicious. Board was working flawless with virtua striker and was not removed from the cage.
Unfortunatly i have no experience with these and i don't know what i should check next. I hope is not PLD related
Any thoughts?

PS: i've burn a Model 2 rom set, rather than the mame set, but that would matter?

EDIT: My bad... it's working :)

Last edited:
Back