R-Type Final 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• R-Type Final 2

Holy crap guys is this really happening?
      The news was posted yesterday, so I'm a little sceptical... But it seems real.

I love R-type, and will buy a damn PS4 if this remains exclusive (but really I hope it comes to other consoles in physical form like Switch).
      Darksoft: CPS3, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3
      invzim: Jammafier v1.6b
      XianXi: JNX Raiden, SC Taito Classic, SC Sega System 16/24
      Frank_fjs: JAMMA Extender (Special Edition)
    • Me too bud. Stupidly, that this is a crowdfunded game, that it was announced on April Fool's Day is really going to hamper its ability to get funding. Until there is more collateral produced, it is going to be tough to convince everyone that this is really in production.

I've been pumping the heck out of my console ports of the R-Type Series on my NNC's. Would love to have this game see the light of day.
      Arcade Multi Systems:
      • Sega: ST-V, Naomi w/Net Dimm, Naomi w/CF Boot (DIY and OG versions), Taito: G Net, Taito F3, Taito Type X², Capcom CPS2, Capcom CPS3, Neo Geo MVS 4-Slot
      Favorite Arcade Genres (in order):
      • Fighting games, Shmups, Light-gun, Puzzlers, Driving
    • I've got the arcade PCBs for R-Type (M72-Original), R-Type 2 (M84-Original) and R-Type Leo (M92-Converted).
      I play R-Type Delta (PS1-PSIO) but Final (1) is the game I'm missing because I don't own a PS2.

Oh and sometimes I'll play Super and III (SNES-SD2SNES) but they are more guilty pleasures.
      I didn't really care for R-Type Command (DS-AceKart 2i) its a turn based strategy game not a shooter.
      I purchased the digital download for R-Type Dimensions on Xbox 360, but its just an enhanced version of the first two games.

The post was edited 6 times, last by jassin000 ().

• I was looking at it at work and people walking behind me kept saying "Stop dreaming man it's April Fools". My soul was a little crushed each time. I want to believe ;(
      Systems: Sega STV + DS Multi | CPS2 + DS Multi | CPS3 + DS Multi | Taito F3 + DS Multi | MVS + DS Multi | Naomi 2 + Pi Netboot | Atomiswave | Taito G-Net + 2011 Bios | Taito TypeX2 + Niko Multi
      Cabs: Tecmo Kyotaro | Tekken 5 NNC
    • jassin000 wrote:

I play R-Type Delta (PS1-PSIO) but Final (1) is the game I'm missing because I don't own a PS2.
      Bruh, $20-$35 for a PS2 Phat is worth the price of admission for R-Type Final and Gradius V alone. Free MCBoot that sucker and get going on some shmupping goodness! Gradius V is a great great great shmup and the best in entire series! And that is the only platform those two games can be found on.

R-Types on PSX (via PSIO) with its perfect ports of R-Type and R-Type II has been holding me over pretty good in terms of my M72 needs. Plus I can play R-Type Delta which is I dig a ton. Plenty of shmupping goodness on the PSX. I got a conversion of R-Type Leo as well (using Apocalypse's roms that don't have the sound drop outs). I got 1L panel NNC and have wired the NNC so that I can hook up consoles easily. Works out well and I only play arcade inspired titles on my cabs.

Anyhoo, looks like R-Type Final 2 is legit! The announcement was 3/31, not 4/1. Woot!
      Arcade Multi Systems:
      • Sega: ST-V, Naomi w/Net Dimm, Naomi w/CF Boot (DIY and OG versions), Taito: G Net, Taito F3, Taito Type X², Capcom CPS2, Capcom CPS3, Neo Geo MVS 4-Slot
      Favorite Arcade Genres (in order):
      • Fighting games, Shmups, Light-gun, Puzzlers, Driving
    • waiwainl wrote:

in itself a bad argument to not OWN the game btw
      I won't buy a PS2 until I have a nice way to pirate load ISOs. ;)

That FreeMcBoot thing is IMO trash, and I'm not buying any console I need to record/burn discs for (this isn't 1995).
      PS2 is two (soon to be three with the announcement of PS5 looming) generations behind current... It's time for someone to make a real ODE (optical drive emulator).

The post was edited 1 time, last by jassin000 ().

• Its sloppy softmod bs, and I don't roll that way.
      I'll do custom firmware sure, but not some memory resident only exploit that must be run with every power cycle.

Welcome to why my Switch isn't modified, and why I won't own a PSP-v3 or PSP-Go (Go is actually really nice with its bluetooth support, but no installed custom firmware is a deal breaker).
      Oh and why out of the 50+ Xbox's I've modified for people I only offered full BIOS/TSOP reflashing (zero dash exploits).

Softmods aren't perma mods, and they should never be using in place of perma mods.
      If you use a softmod exploit, it better be to again write access to flash a custom firmware or I don't give a shit.
    • It maybe running automatically, but its still only active in memory... I do not approve.
      I want a real ODE like the Rhea or GDEmu, something that supports FAT32 formatted microSD cards loaded to the gills with ISOs.

I'm patient, and if PS2 never gets such a device welp I'll never own one... It's just that easy for me.

You know I never did own a PS2, I was a Dreamcast guy back in the day and skipped the launch of the PS2.
      I always said I would buy one someday, and to this day I still never have.
      I've played lots of PS2 at buddies places over the years, but never actually owned one.

Oh and I own a Namco Sys2x6 (its alot like a Playstation 2).

The post was edited 1 time, last by jassin000 ().

• Look what @DecepticonZero talked me into...

Yup that's a PS2 Slim, manufacture date of [5B] (2nd Quarter 2005).
      I'm using a repo PS2 Component cable, running thru the OSSC (4x Bob) into the BenQ/Sonos:Play 5 (HDMI).
      Who is going to hook me up with a (ready to rock) McFreeBoot memory card so I can get my R-Type Final/Gradius V on? :whistling:

The post was edited 2 times, last by jassin000 ().

• At first I thought this was an April Fools Joke.
      It's very real...
      If you have not picked up the R-Type 1/2 re-release, it's super good. I got it on Switch.

jassin000 wrote:

Look what @DecepticonZero talked me into...

Sonos Play 5 classic.
      Nice choice, and stunning reference speakers.
      My bench uses the Play5, and it's amazing how they never drop in price.
      Videogame Historian
      Bench : Model 2B-CRX | M72 | Blast City Restore
      WANT : Air Buster | DoDonpachi Original, Blast City MS2930/31 plzkthx
      [astrocity] InstaGram [neogeo] My Arcade Projects Photoblog [saturn] My VAPS PCBs