What's new
Is it true those early revs were all in metal cases or should I be checking my pile of N1 boards?

im trying to figure this all out. If i want to play fist of the north star i need a naomi 2 board or well it work on naomi 1 also?

im trying to figure this all out. If i want to play fist of the north star i need a naomi 2 board or well it work on naomi 1 also?
The Naomi Net Dimm setup is daunting at first, but it's really not that complicated. See HERE for full details on setup.

Here's my setup. Plugs right into my jamma cab.

1. Naomi 1 Motherboard
A. You can use a Naomi 2 motherboard if you want to play those games available on that system.
B. Get the Multi-Bios for this as well.

2. Net Dimm Board
A. You can tell it's the Net Dimm and not just a Dimm board by the Ethernet cable coming out of it.
B. These usually come with 256MB of ram, and most games work fine, but a couple or even only one game needs more ram. You can easily upgrade it with common ram sticks if you want.
C. You need a Zero Pic chip for this as well. These are on ebay and are cheap.
D. You can upgrade the firmware if you want, but it most likely isn't needed.

3. Capcom I/O

4. Sun Power Supply
A. You can make a regular power supply work, but it just makes life easier having the original power supply that Naomi used.

5. RasPi with PiPlate screen and roms (second pic)

MyNaoimiA.JPG

MyNaoimiB.JPG

optionally, you can run a pi3 with NetDimm WebTools instead of the pi plate

Hey guys, I just bought Malenko's Naomi 2 set up and I'm having problems running many of the Atomiswave games. Was there ever a resolution to this issue?

I have a question regarding Capcom vs snk 2 2001. In the spread sheet, it says jumper must be at A position. Question is where is this specific jumper and what does this A position looks like?
Please enlighten me with this jumper issue.
Thank you!

its on the side of the naomi

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-04-11-12-57-02.png
    Capture+_2019-04-11-12-57-02.png
    690.3 KB · Views: 84
Thank you for super fast answer with picture!!!

Is A position is to set Japan region?

if you look at picture off is written on bottom of the dip switch

That's not a jumper it's a dipswitch. And the jumper its likely referring to is the one on the Sega jamma io which needs to be in position A for the io header to be used as a kick harness connector.

Reactions: nem
thought he was having trouble loading the game because region specific.

actually i am getting an error which is 'jamma i/o boards doen't have enough switches.' .
The thing is that I am not using Jamma but using taito JVS.
I have no idea why I am getting this error.

don't know if this might help or not but did you set the controls correctly in the Naomi settings.

I think that game requires digital to be set.

is there a special way of setting to digital? (in test menu maybe?)
I have no problem with other CVS series but only cvs2.

yes and bare in mind I read that some games don't play nice with taito jvs.

actually i am getting an error which is 'jamma i/o boards doen't have enough switches.' .
The thing is that I am not using Jamma but using taito JVS.
I have no idea why I am getting this error.
that io has a bug where it incorrectly reports to the console that it only has 5 buttons per player so some 6 button games won't boot with it because they think there aren't enough buttons. It has nothing to do with region.

Back