What's new

Samelak

Student
Reaction score
New here to the forums by recommendation from the Otaku community. I just received my multi kit and got it to work right away, but having some issues. I've done a lot of reading, but I'm not finding the answers I need. My Darksoft kit i's installed on a revision 7 board with a G PAL. I'm using with Avalaunch files. Here are the problems I am having:

1. The Avalaunch files didn't have the D&D games, but the Smokemonster did. I tried the Smokemonster games and they show loading on the LCD but all I get is a blank screen after loading. The new game shows on the LCD screen, but no-go for the game on the monitor. I format my card each time as well. The Avalaunch games work fine.

2. Not sure why auto reset is not working correctly. Using the Avaluanch games, I load a new game and after finishing booting up, I get garbage (froze as well) on the monitor. I have to turn the power off and then back on for the new game to boot correctly. From the reading I have done, the revision 7 boards don't need anything for the newer kits to have the auto reset work. What am I reading or doing wrong? Not sure if I was suppose install any wires (I did not)?

If you want to use the newer (encrypted) roms, aka the smokeMonster roms, you need key writing wires mentioned in the other posts/guides in this sub forum. If you install those key writing wires, you don’t need a separate reset wire. Those are currently blank because you aren’t writing the keys.

If you want to run unencrypted roms, aka avalaunch, then you need no key writing wires but will need a reset wire for reset to function. D&D should be in there from what I recall. Did you download the set from the links here?

Thanks for the help. I did the 4 wire mod with key ROMs. Everything is working right. I had to tack the wires to CN9. Anyone got a link to the connector?

I think I found the right one at arcadespartsandrepair.com. I have all the necessary crimpers so I should be set. I'll keep your link handy case what I order doesn't work out. Thanks.

Back