What's new
I figured the best thing to do with that monitor would be to get a cheap L, or even a L with a totally busted monitor.

Really the only thing that makes the C the C (other than the plastic color) is that monitor.

True, If he can pick up an L cheap, or a clone of sorts and stick this monitor in there he would be all set.

SNK, I think with some modding, your pedestal mount idea could work out really well.

What about the 32" vewlix-ish style cab they have Link.
Look like that might work out best for the display.

Last edited:
True, If he can pick up an L cheap, or a clone of sorts and stick this monitor in there he would be all set.

SNK, I think with some modding, your pedestal mount idea could work out really well.

or a kraylix cab like mine:
11189806_1381729225489992_393616001_n.jpg

Nice Twisted, looks really really good. you painted it yourself or you had it professionally done?

I was going to buy a Kraylix when the guy started selling them way back, but I just didnt want to deal with building it out and getting it painted. It would have drove me nuts, cause I would have wanted it perfect and i just didnt want to deal with the stress of the paint job not coming out right and having to redo it. I even thought about having it powder coated, there is company that specializes in powder coating wood products here in the US.

Nice Twisted, looks really really good. you painted it yourself or you had it professionally done?

I was going to buy a Kraylix when the guy started selling them way back, but I just didnt want to deal with building it out and getting it painted. It would have drove me nuts, cause I would have wanted it perfect and i just didnt want to deal with the stress of the paint job not coming out right and having to redo it. I even thought about having it powder coated, there is company that specializes in powder coating wood products here in the US.
I bought it used. Some guy a few towns over had it built, painted (automotive paint) and shipped directly from Kraylix and then sold it a year later where I picked it up for $800.

I actually have a kraylix Slim..
Kraylix Slim kit

The xtension that I linked looks appealing to me because eventually, I will change the Vewlix C monitor with a PC based monitor. I want a PC based monitor 32" with the PG279Q SPEC. If they made the PG279Q 32" without the ultra wide feature that would be the staff.

Kraylix Slim kit

The xtension that I linked looks appealing to me because eventually, I will change the Vewlix C monitor with a PC based monitor. I want a PC based monitor 32" with the PG279Q SPEC. If they made the PG279Q 32" without the ultra wide feature that would be the staff.
The thing is you're not going to see any benefits of the G-Sync technology unless you're running a PC (with a G-Sync GPU). without a G-Sync connection they're in the 35ms range in terms of input lag you can expect that to go up if you're running non-native resolutions as well. The Vewlix C monitor is rated at sub 16ms isn't it?

G-Sync is great but IMO ill-suited for arcade use.

Kraylix Slim kit

The thing is you're not going to see any benefits of the G-Sync technology unless you're running a PC (with a G-Sync GPU). without a G-Sync connection they're in the 35ms range in terms of input lag you can expect that to go up if you're running non-native resolutions as well. The Vewlix C monitor is rated at sub 16ms isn't it?
G-Sync is great but IMO ill-suited for arcade use.
That is correct, the PC needs a compatible card which is not big dial.. I always prefer the PC versions of modern arcade type games, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, KOF and now Microsoft announcing Killer Instinct for window 10. So yeah.. PC all the day on a Vewlix type is what I am picturing. I think Jassin reported 8ms on the C monitor.

I bought it used. Some guy a few towns over had it built, painted (automotive paint) and shipped directly from Kraylix and then sold it a year later where I picked it up for $800.
Sweet, best way to do it. I thought it looked like it was professionally painted.

I want a PC based monitor 32" with the PG279Q SPEC. If they made the PG279Q 32" without the ultra wide feature that would be the staff.
I hear ya about a larger PF279Q spec monitor, I got a pair of PG278Q and I am very happy with them on my main gaming pc.

P_20151202_174651_45.jpg

Nice setup..I had one of those and exchanged it for some handyman work that I needed done around the house.. The only thing that I did not like was that it was a TN panel. I will never buy TN again.

or a kraylix cab like min

That cab looks beautiful:) I recently test drove a Vewlix clone and I was not impressed with the buit quality. $800 professional painted was a great buy:)

Holly scary Sh** Batman.. I found the box infant of my place and with a hole in it.. I was like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.. I opened the box and on the left hand side there are two small dent.. I was FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF... I put the thing together and holly Jebus thank you! the LCD does not seem to be damage.. Thanks my lucky starts. I plugged in the old Xbox360 and holly stafffffffff.. I am a very happy Papi with the video quality of this LCD.. take into the account that I am a CRT kind of person... Thank you very much Jassin for selling me the unit.. This one is a keeper:).. Guys try to get one of this if you can.. Now I am wandering about the 2k version:)..

PS..the quality of the picture are not that good because there seems to be a limit size upload and i just do not feel like playing with the pictures.. I had to send the pictures from my phone to my email then choose small size, then down the pictures to my PC and then post.. someone needs to fix that..

Attachments

• image1-3.JPG
    image1-3.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 276
  • image2-3.JPG
    image2-3.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 299
  • image3-2.JPG
    image3-2.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 320
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 299
Glad to see it made it ok. These monitors are really awesome, I was blown away when I first fired it up my cab. That's why I am only selling one of the two I have and keeping the other just in case. I cant wait to swap it though for the 2K one, Jassin says its even better.

If you want to show good detailed pics use an offsite host and link them here. I use Tinypic. The site itself is a bit slow but the links always work great for me when posting pics in my threads.

Holy crap look at that box!
Looks like it went into combat, not a air ride a few states downward.

I have all the original shipping receipts and it was insured...
So you would have at least gotten a refund should the worst have happened.

I'm very happy you didn't go for the 3-day ground ship option my god.
You might have opened up a box of shattered screen and twisted metal.

FYI, that's the same box/packing materials Taito shipped me the new monitor in.
It came all the way from Shinjuku Japan and still looked fine.
We ship it a few states away and it gets mangled.
EMS vs UPS... I'd say EMS wins hands down!

Last edited by a moderator:
A little Spider-Man on the Vewlix...
IMG_20160313_204723.jpg

Yup that's a real Sega System 32 JAMMA board, I've got Golden Axe II as well...
IMG_20160311_155843.jpg

I only have one S32 mainboard, I swap between the two B-boards.

Back